Excursion recommendation

megbowlstrike

Hi! We are thinking about either doing a beach or the waterfalls during our Feb cruise on the Conquest. Which beach(es) do you recommend? Is it ok to take a taxi to one or should we do a Carnival excursion?

Also, which waterfall tour do you recommend? I think I've read about Iguana Mama and Marysol. Carnival just added one, too, but it doesn't have any reviews. Has anyone done the Carnival one or should we go with one of these outside ones? Any worry in getting back to the ship in time?

Thanks in advance for your help! We've never been to this port before and I'm not finding very much info about the beaches and other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in finding out more about this port too. We are cruising in June and I've been trying to do some research. I read some reviews on Trip Advisor and the waterfall excursion sounds exciting, but a little dangerous. I'd like to know more about it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes that is a wonderful opportunity to do social impact and have a great time in the DOMENICAN Republic. The woman that you are "working" alongside are so wonderful. I am sure it would be great for your five year old but on our cruise they had a minimum age of 8 years old for all of the activities. I would check with your c use line to see what their rules are. You will have an a,axing time with these women and eat some delicious chocolate 😊

Would a social impact excursion be like the "Cacao & Womens Chocolate Cooperative" Offered by Holland America? We are going next month and trying to find something to do. We will have our 5 year old with us. Is this something she could enjoy too?