Excursion suggestions

dans0202

My family is scheduled to take a cruise next week to the Caribbean. Of issue is that my teenage son partially dislocated his shoulder a few weeks back and it is not healing properly. He has no mobility at the shoulder and is in some discomfort. We will learn tomorrow from the doctor if it is appropriate to travel.

Assuming we can travel he will be greatly limited in what he can do, no water slides, no rock climbing, no ropes course (we are one the Getaway). Nothing where is would need to use him arm.

We have a stop in St. Thomas and I am looking for an excursion which he may enjoy. My thought was a boat ride for a few hours with little to no snorkeling or beach time. The boat would need easy on and easy off. Alternatively something different that would interest a teenager might also work but I cannot think of anything right now. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I will be looking for something similar in St. Marten and will post there as well.

Thank you

Dan

So sorry to hear that, Dan. Hope all goes well.

The only thing I can think of right now is the pedal boat rental or tour at Magens Bay Beach. The water is usually very calm, and it's a beautiful bay with all amenities.

Here's a mention on CruiseCritic from this summer. There may be more reviews elsewhere.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2050939

Believe it or not, the Shark Encounter at Coral World is another option. You wear a snorkel mask, but you're in a shallow pool with sharks. You don't swim, but kind of float gently with your face in the water. You can walk around in a squatted position. You can get some great photos of the sharks swimming around you. There should be photos posted somewhere. Coki is also a good beach because it's a lively beach.