Question Australia to South Asia experiences requested.....

SPacificbound

Looking ahead to 2018 I am interested in hearing about your cruise(s) from Australia to South Asia or the reverse.

In 2013 we spent ten weeks in New Zealand and Australia, then boarded our first cruise ship, Rhapsody Of The Seas leaving from Sydney to Hawaii.

We are hoping to return to Australia and New Zealand in 2018, and maybe combining a trip to South Asia before or after. I really do not like long flights, much prefer traveling by ship.

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, so either of those would be good.

We are leaving for Africa in a couple of weeks but my mind is in Australia.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Hello- I have only cruised Asia from Singapore- there are many ships leaving from here. It went to many places and also Komodo Island where you can see the giant lizard. Some cruises leave Freemantle or Sydney to go to Singapore and beyond. But I would look into flying to Singapore and cruising from there as so many more options.

Ovation of the Seas will be based in AUS the nest 2 years and they will be doing some cruises to Asia.

The cruises that go from Sydney up to Asia (or vice versa) are usually repositioning cruises. The Sydney departures are usually in late March or early April, those arriving in Sydney are October/November. Repositioning cruises typically have more sea days and less port days than local cruises.

We did Golden Princess to Hong Kong in April this year and really enjoyed it. It was 21 nights and we stopped at Brisbane, Darwin, Bali, Singapore, Ko Samur (Thailand), Laem Chabang (closest port to Bangkok), Phu My (closest port to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, and Nha Trang (Vietnam).

In 2018 Diamond Princess is repositioning from Sydney to Tokyo and this cruise looks interesting as well. Port stops are Darwin, Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia), Phu My (closest port to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Nha Trang (Vietnam), Hong Kong, and Osaka and Shimizu in Japan.

Princess haven't released the itineraries for the second half of 2018 yet.

Looking ahead to 2018 I am interested in hearing about your cruise(s) from Australia to South Asia or the reverse.

In 2013 we spent ten weeks in New Zealand and Australia, then boarded our first cruise ship, Rhapsody Of The Seas leaving from Sydney to Hawaii.

We are hoping to return to Australia and New Zealand in 2018, and maybe combining a trip to South Asia before or after. I really do not like long flights, much prefer traveling by ship.

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, so either of those would be good.

We are leaving for Africa in a couple of weeks but my mind is in Australia.

TIA

There will be a GOLDEN PRINCESS Melbourne to Singapore mid April both 2017, and 2018 .

There will be a GOLDEN PRINCESS Melbourne to Singapore mid April both 2017, and 2018 .

Golden Princess isn't going back up to Asia in 2017, she's staying over in our region to replace Dawn Princess which is going to P&O. Golden is doing the Circle Pacific cruise in May next year, but that doesn't stop in Singapore. However if the OP wants a cruise to go back to the US it might be an option. There is a Sydney to Los Angeles sector available.

There is no sign of a Golden repositioning in 2018 either so she might be here downunder for that year as well.