NZ for 20's/Young Group??!!

TLCOhio

From the New York Times Travel Section this week, they have this headline: "20 places to travel in your 20s" with these opening/set-up highlights: "There’s no better way to change your perception of the world — and maybe yourself — than travel. You’ll experience different cultures, meet new friends and make lifelong memories. But traveling poses challenges: financial constraints, limited time off. So think of this selection as a checklist and starter kit to world travel."

One top suggestion was for: "New Zealand. It’s a long (and expensive) flight from the United States, but one with great rewards. Reasonably priced bus tours are easy ways to get around the islands, which offer the stunning, diverse beauty made famous in the “Lord of the Rings” movies"

It's been a long time since I have been in my 20's, but I started out in December 1970 doing a month-long Eurorail adventure with a college roommate for doing a large number of Europe countries. That initial international trip helped to launch my interests for exploring and learning at an early age.

Personally, I would put Australia on that list for the young to try, too. BUT, the NY Times writer only had twenty slots from all of the world to fill. What other NZ sites/stars should they have mentioned for those in their 20's to see and experience?

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/travel/places-to-travel-in-your-20s.html?_r=0

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 158,385 views for this posting.