T Cook flight from Manchester

macren

Going to Caribbean on 24/01/2015 just noticed we are with Thomas Cook i'm not a lover of anything T/C have read back on some threads people have changed to the Thomson flight ,after just flying with Thomson was wondering if there is anything to pick between them should there be another flight from Manchester on that day ,maybe someone could let me know if there is more than one flight ,also have noticed it says on P&O site that winter 2014/15 with Thomson is 28kg luggage whilst T/C is only 23kg that does not seem fair is anyone else booked on this same flight .

Going to Caribbean on 24/01/2015 just noticed we are with Thomas Cook i'm not a lover of anything T/C have read back on some threads people have changed to the Thomson flight ,after just flying with Thomson was wondering if there is anything to pick between them should there be another flight from Manchester on that day ,maybe someone could let me know if there is more than one flight ,also have noticed it says on P&O site that winter 2014/15 with Thomson is 28kg luggage whilst T/C is only 23kg that does not seem fair is anyone else booked on this same flight .

Yes we are also returning from Caribbean in November 2015 on a Thomson Flight and we have been notified already we have a luggage allowance of

28kg. The reason for the additional 5kg is because we are travelling in Premium Economy. If you look at page 231 P&O Cruise brochure Jan 2015- March 2016 it explains it there. However, we are also flying back from Barbados in November 2014 Premium Economy and have not been notified that we have the additional extra luggage allowance:confused: Thanks for bringing this to my attention I will now contact P&O direct for clarification of additional allowance. After all a girl can never have enough baggage space for all her shoes, bags dresses etc:D:D

Pat

Phoned P&O today there is a Thomson flight on that day from Manchester but it is full said they may put another on call later near to the time did not say we could swap ,she wanted to know why we did want to swap from T/C so looks like thats it .:(

On Adonia in March 15 how do you book premium economy? I have never been offered it and the flight details says flight seat selection 12 weeks before cruise.

Hi silver wedding.On the day that we book our cruises we state that we wish to travel premium economy. Normally we are asked if we wish to upgrade to premium economy. We pay the additional cost for premium economy along with our deposit for the cruise. Just contact your travel agent or if you have booked with P&O direct just telephone them and state that you wish to change

to upgrade to premium economy. In the event that it was a while ago that you booked perhaps all premium economy seats may now be taken. However, for my upcoming cruise in November 2014 which I booked in June 2013, I did not book Premium seats when I booked my cruise but several months later I phoned and managed to upgrade to premium economy because obviously there were still seats available. On the day Britannia went on sale for Nov 2015 , I was once again asked if I wished to book PE which I did. Regarding seat selection 12 weeks before cruise that is correct,you are only picking the seat of your choice and paying the addition cost for that seat over and above the original fee for PE

Give them a call. Good luck.

Pat

We are also on a Manchester flight with TC in November but never given an option to select another carrier. We have been given 4 hour check in time at Manchester, completely mad.

Hi Old tilly billy. We have been given flight times for Feb 2015 with TC of 09.05 depart Manchester but not checkin times as yet. How does this compare with yours.

Ian

Hi macren.

Thanks to your post I have been in contact with P and O and they have switched us onto a Thomson flight which is 2hrs later so that will be even better on a February morning. Sorry you didn't have any luck. Once again thanks for putting the idea into my head.

Regards

Ian

We are also on a Manchester flight with TC in November but never given an option to select another carrier. We have been given 4 hour check in time at Manchester, completely mad.

Hi Old tilly billy

I was looking through the FAQs on P and O website and it says non European checkins open 4 hrs before departure. I also read somewhere that there is a health questionnaire to fill in at checkin so that is possibily why they open 4 hrs before. Found it if you click how can we help , then flights it is the second one down in the question " Can I check in the night before"

Ian

Edited by Huddy Newby

We fly Birmingham to Barbados 7 Nov with Thomson 10am flight 23 kgs of luggage and a 4 hour check in never done 4 hours on long haul before and apparently its one of the old 767 called about extra luggage 10kgs £70.00

We are booked on Britannia for Nov 2015, flying from Glasgow. We have reserved Premium seats. It will probably be either Thomson or T. Cook. Flights not released for ages yet but criteria is the same for both operators. We wont be able to get exact seats till later when flights are released.

Never sailed with P & O before, so this will be a new adventure.

Looking forward to comparing P &O to Celebrity Solstice.

We are booked on Britannia for Nov 2015, flying from Glasgow. We have reserved Premium seats. It will probably be either Thomson or T. Cook. Flights not released for ages yet but criteria is the same for both operators. We wont be able to get exact seats till later when flights are released.

Never sailed with P & O before, so this will be a new adventurebooked

Looking forward to comparing P &O to Celebrity Solstice.

Hi Ronaldo,we will be flying back along with you in November 2015 from Barbados to Glasgow.However, we are sailing out to Caribbean on 23rd Oct 2015 on a B2B cruise. Please do come and join our roll cal for Britannia. Britannia B525/B525A and you will be able to follow the thread and you will get a better idea when the date for the seats will be released.Normally it is a Thomson flight from Glasgow to Caribbean, however , sometime P&O also use first choice from Glasgow. Let's hope it is the Thomson Dreamliner:)

You are allowed 28kg luggage (hold) because you are in Premium Economy and 5kg hand luggage.

Pat

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Hi, are you going on 19th March from gatwick? Never done 'fly-cruise' before, getting rather worried (and confused....) with all the reviews?! Have a VERY nervous flyer for a husband, and need it to be as smooth as possible. oh dear!

Hi, are you going on 19th March from gatwick? Never done 'fly-cruise' before, getting rather worried (and confused....) with all the reviews?! Have a VERY nervous flyer for a husband, and need it to be as smooth as possible. oh dear!

Hello Chorusgirl, please do not get worried or confused.

There is no need to, you and your husband will be fine, honestly.

May I suggest that you stop reading all the reviews and just keep looking forward to your cruise it will be wonderful. There are lots of people who are unaware about the forums and reviews and some are still confused and concerned. Fly cruises are great and get's you there in no time. I am quite sure that should you still wish to read any reviews there will be plenty of people on this thread only too happy to answer any questions that you wish answered. Have you had a look in at the roll call for your cruise in March, it may settle your concerns and you will meet others who will be travelling along with you. What you should be thinking about is how much you both are going to enjoy your cruise.

Have a lovely cruise.

Pat

I totally agree with Helen. We have flown with both Thompsons and Thomas Cook and to be quite honest I don't enjoy flying but I am always so excited about my cruise I am not really bothered who I fly with:)

Take some books or magazines or watch the seat back TV in between being fed and watered and you will be landing before you know it.

A little tip - buy some drinks - water or pop, airside, before you get on the plane as they only give drinks, tea, coffee or water, with your meals.

As Helen said, just enjoy your cruise:)

Molly

We initially were given Thomas Cook flight from Birmingham to Barbados o the 12th December 2014. So we ended up booking BA from LGW. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to change it back to Birmingham but the flight operator has changed to Thomson with the Dreamliner. All good come out of it in the end.

Hi ildibobs

Quick query how do you know its a Dreamliner or are all Thomson flights on it?

Ian

Thomson still have plenty of 757 and 767 aircraft doing the long haul routes and even when a Dreamliner is scheduled it can often change.

Hi richleeds

I thought Thomsons only used 767 and Dreamliners for long haul. Reading various websites they have 5 767s and will have 6 Dreamliners anytime now but as you say till the seat plan comes out things could change. When I swopped from Thomas Cook to Thomsons I asked if it was Dreamliner but P and O lady said she did not have that information.

Ian