AVIS or BUDGET? Port of Miami

Cruznjuly

So we will need a car after our cruise...

Avis and budget both have POM shuttle, basically same cars, for a price within .50 of each other.

Is one drastically different or preferred? We will be picking it up July 4 when we debark (9am?) and return it to FLL that night when we fly out.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we will need a car after our cruise...

Avis and budget both have POM shuttle, basically same cars, for a price within .50 of each other.

Is one drastically different or preferred? We will be picking it up July 4 when we debark (9am?) and return it to FLL that night when we fly out.

Thanks!

There is no difference. People prefer one or the other because of points. If you are not part of either loyalty program, doesn't matter.

I will be doing the same thing (picking up car in Miami, driving to FLL) in November. Let us know what you chose and the results when you return. I am not in loyalty programs because I don't rent a car very often.

I am looking at a flight leaving at 7:00 PM (cheap!) and by renting a car I have a place to store my luggage while I sightsee. :)

I will be doing the same thing (picking up car in Miami, driving to FLL) in November. Let us know what you chose and the results when you return. I am not in loyalty programs because I don't rent a car very often.

I am looking at a flight leaving at 7:00 PM (cheap!) and by renting a car I have a place to store my luggage while I sightsee. :)

Our flight is at 7:45!! I know it's sooo late but it's only 4:45 at home and the nonstop fare was $100 pp less than the worst early flight!

What are you planning on doing all day?

No particular plans yet. We will probably just spend the day in Fort Lauderdale. The water trolley is free and will allow us to shop, eat, and explore the riverfront. The car will give me a place to store luggage while out. The 7 PM flight is about $100 less than earlier flights and by eliminating the shuttle cost with the car a rental is definitely the cheaper way to go. I am not very experienced in car rentals so any advice is welcomed.