Go Go Pride scooter

Caandi

I have a Go Go Pride Elite Traveler scooter and will be traveling in Italy in November. What converter/adapter do any of you recommend for charging this in a 220 outlet? Have any of you had actual experience with one you liked? Thanks

I tried Pride Mobility and they don't sell a converter or recommend any specific type. They referred me to a electronics store.

So have you contact the electronics store ?

The typical travel convertors/adaptors used for small electrical appliances such as a hair dryer or curling can over heat is used more than 30 minutes. Thus the reason Pride advised you to speak to an electronics stores.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I tried Pride Mobility and they don't sell a converter or recommend any specific type. They referred me to a electronics store.

I own a Pride Go-Go Elite scooter and although I've never plugged my charger into a 220v outlet, the specifications on the charger's label says it's input rated for 110v-240v AC, so using a 2-prong European converter plug, available at many stores should work fine, otherwise you would also require a step-down transformer.

Thank you so much. I really wasn't able to get to the electronics store today due to some health issues. I usually get such helpful and knowledgable information on here from other members, I thought while I was shut in I would try. I will check my charger and see if it says what yours says. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks again.

Thank you so much. I really wasn't able to get to the electronics store today due to some health issues. I usually get such helpful and knowledgable information on here from other members, I thought while I was shut in I would try. I will check my charger and see if it says what yours says. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks again.

Yes definitely check your charger. I have a Pride Go Go Elite Travelers that is 6 years old and my charger is not input rated for 110v-240v AC

• 7 months later...

Our go go is 3 yrs old not sure why but after using it in barcelonia for 5 days (charging every nite ) when we got on the ship the charger didn't work! We had been to the same hotel,even same room the yr before without a problem with the charger. Just a coincidence ??? . Lol Do the chargers have a life span? We had just replaced the batteries soooo maybe the chargers last about the same amount of time?

We called the front desk on the ship and they sent some one who picked up the battery every nite and delivered it in the morning charged!

Once we reached Floridian we bought a new charger. Since we now have 2 will bring both next time!

Karen

Our go go is 3 yrs old not sure why but after using it in barcelonia for 5 days (charging every nite ) when we got on the ship the charger didn't work! We had been to the same hotel,even same room the yr before without a problem with the charger. Just a coincidence ??? . Lol Do the chargers have a life span? We had just replaced the batteries soooo maybe the chargers last about the same amount of time?

We called the front desk on the ship and they sent some one who picked up the battery every nite and delivered it in the morning charged!

Once we reached Floridian we bought a new charger. Since we now have 2 will bring both next time!

Karen

There's no correlation between when batteries are replaced and replacing the battery charger. As with any electrical equipment battery chargers can cease working over time.

It's recommended that the charger is replaced with an OEM model which is identical to the charger included by Pride when first purchased. If you buy a cheaper model and not as well made the charger may last even less time than the original one.

Just curious...... It was stated that the charger stopped working and than you purchased a new charger when you reached the Floridian. That would leave only 1 working charger not 2 ?

Edited by xxoocruiser

P

It's recommended that the charger is replaced with an OEM model which is identical to the charger included by Pride when first purchased. If you buy a cheaper model and not as well made the charger may last even less time than the original one.

Just curious...... It was stated that the charger stopped working and than you purchased a new charger when you reached the Floridian. That would leave only 1 working charger not 2 ?

Lol we have chargers from other scooters. Our first scooter was a another brand, but the charger was the same as the go go.

• 1 month later...

DW has a Pride Go-GO and we have traveled extensively in Europe. Our charger is now about 4 years old and is stamped 110-240 50-60 cycle. We have only needed to use an adapter for the plug. I believe that most people will have no problems with their chargers, as long as the voltage used is within the range specified. Any travel store or even Wally World can provide an adapter kit. UK is different than most areas of the Continent.

FYI, make sure your charger says 120-240 volts. It must have the dash between the voltages to be directly plugged in to 240 volts. If it says 120/240 volts with a slash in it the charger will have a small recessed switch somewhere on it that must be switched to 240 volts. If it's not switched you will burn out the charger. Those with the slash are usually the older ones.