Stay on the ship

Honest answers please. I am travelling to Progresso for the first time, on a trip with my 15 year old. My husband will not be coming with me :( Would you recommend I stay on the ship in Progresso? Hubby would prefer that I did. I have heard some negative things, and am a bit concerned about it. Do you think it would be safe if I stuck with a Carnival excursion?

Honest answers please. I am travelling to Progresso for the first time, on a trip with my 15 year old. My husband will not be coming with me :( Would you recommend I stay on the ship in Progresso? Hubby would prefer that I did. I have heard some negative things, and am a bit concerned about it. Do you think it would be safe if I stuck with a Carnival excursion?

My adult daughter and I have done Progreso on our own many, many times and never had a single problem. The only time we were approached on the street was by a local who noticed my daughter was wearing a shirt with Missouri on it and he stopped to ask us if we liked Mark McGuire of the St. Louis Cardinals. We have used both AutoProgreso and Carnival for excursions from Progreso. There are 3 ruins you can visit, a beach club, etc. Progreso is an authentic Mexican town and not touristy like Coz. Just use your common sense, stay with the crowds and you will be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I think we will take an excursion and stick with crowds.

I'm definitely not one of those "independent" women lol. I like my hubby with me to make me feel safe. But this is going to be a blast, even if it is outside my comfort zone a bit.