Oktoberfest in Harvard Square, Boston

KookyGuava

I'll be setting sail on a Canada/New England cruise soon and I noticed that our port of call in Boston is on the same day that Oktoberfest is going on in Harvard Square. I'll put this on my list of possible things to do, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an admission charge to this event? (I haven't found much info from my quick two second-Google search on this event.)

Thanks!

I'll be setting sail on a Canada/New England cruise soon and I noticed that our port of call in Boston is on the same day that Oktoberfest is going on in Harvard Square. I'll put this on my list of possible things to do, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an admission charge to this event? (I haven't found much info from my quick two second-Google search on this event.)

Thanks!

It looks like a street festival.

October 2 – 33rd Annual Oktoberfest Fest and HONK! Festival Parade

Join the HONK! Share the Streets Festival Parade as they reclaim the streets for horns, bikes and feet! The parade will depart Davis Square at noon and arrive at the 33rd Annual Harvard Square Oktoberfest at 1:00 pm, for an exciting day long party in the streets! Grand Parade Marshals will welcome over 30 marching bands from the Honkfest, and an equal number of community groups, as they roll, stroll, bike, stilt-dance, strut, and walk to Harvard Square! Join us at the reviewing stand from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm for the most entertaining and unusual parade you may ever see in your entire life! The theme of the parade this year is SHARE. The bands and community groups in the parade will investigate the dynamics of SHARE by creating actions, images, slogans, concepts, choreographies and other elements that explore how we can share our lives, communities, resources, and spirits.

Ascend to new heights with bird’s-eye-views of Oktoberfest inside the Re-max Hot Air Balloon located in the Cambridge Common! Bring the kids for kid sized events and activities on Church Street, including a Thomas the Train ride around the square, and more. As always Oktoberfest features six stages of live entertainment including a main stage in the Super Crosswalk, a Club Passim Stage, a showcase of music in the Church Street Parking Lot, and a HONK! Encampment and several HONK! Band Stages throughout the festival. 50 plus international food vendors and several beer gardens will be dispersed throughout the Square to quench your thirst and satisfy your food desires! Harvard Square’s Oktoberfest features 200+ stalls featuring artists, DIY vendors, vintage, and sidewalk sale vendors!

For more information please visit www.harvardsquare.com

33rd Annual Oktoberfest, Harvard Square, 12pm – 6pm (Raindate: Sunday, October 9th)

HONK! Parade, Davis Square to Harvard Square via Massachusetts Avenue, 12pm – 2pm

Archived