Charlottetown and/or PEI w/o Anne or the Bridge

We just returned from our Maasdam cruise and had the absolute best tour we could have hoped for. Our guide was Bill Murray with Take the Island Adventure Tours. We learned so much about the history of the island and went to many places that the other tours don't go to. It was worth every penny. There were six of us, including two couples we met on Roll Call. There were so many extra touches that Bill thought of. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
Have been humming and hawing about what to do in Charlottetown. Have a car booked but no where to go. I grew up with Anne - my most favourite books of all - but I have no need to see "Anne Land" - she's a fictitious character ???

You both describe what sounds just lovely. We'll take our GPS, start with this plan and see where it takes us.

We've always talked about going camping on a PEI shore. Obviously not possible this time but could we somehow rustle up a picnic? ie. some nice local takeout/fresh fruit etc. and we'll fake it? Any suggestions would be most welcome, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I think this is a great opportunity to wing it...

This new, free no publicity, guide just came out. Very handy for those renting a car in Charlottetown. Here it is:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/CharlottetownDrivingTour-08-30-2014.pdf

:)