Carnival Valor: Balcony vs 9201

KITKAT0229

Ok someone convince me which room to get lol! Would I be crazy not to book 9201 Scenic Grand Ocean View? Will I miss a balcony cabin? I'm trying to decide between 9201 & 8289 for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel on the Carnival Valor. Will I feel more movement in 9201? It's $10 more total for 9201 so price isn't necessarily a factor unless this room should be priced for less...

Edited by KITKAT0229

I have been in a balcony room on Valor, and I've been in a GSOV on Splendor (9200) so here's my 2 cents worth...

Take the GSOV if it's available.

There will always be opportunities to sail in a balcony room. GSOV is very hard to find!

GSOV has much more space than a balcony room.

Yes, you will feel some more movement being in 9201 but I don't recall there being much difference, not enough for that to be a consideration.

• 3 weeks later...

Been 9201 on the Valor and Glory. Wouldn't trade that room for any other one on the ship. We have even stayed in a Grand Suite, but loved the view from 9201. Sitting looking out the forward view is priceless. Go for it.

I've only sailed balconies, we did the Valor right after she came to Galveston and we took 9201. Maybe it was the time of year but I wasn't a fan of the room. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful and the view was amazing, but there was a lot more movement then I have ever felt before and movement does not usually bother me. Was nice to have it once, but it isn't one I'd book again. Each person has their own preference though, but I'm back to my balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app