Luggage help needed in Boston

catsy57

My husband and I will be on a New England cruise in September. Our flight arrives early (8 AM) into Boston, so we will have a few extra hours to check out the sights in Boston Harbor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with our luggage so that we don't have to lug it around with us while touring in Boston?

My husband and I will be on a New England cruise in September. Our flight arrives early (8 AM) into Boston, so we will have a few extra hours to check out the sights in Boston Harbor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with our luggage so that we don't have to lug it around with us while touring in Boston?

Contact Rowe's Wharf Water Transport to see what you can arrange. They offer free luggage storage at Rowes Wharf while you explore Boston. The water taxi us $10/pp.

To do this you would have to take the #66 free shuttle from your Logan terminal to the water taxi dock. You ride across the harbor to Rowes Wharf where you store your luggage. You do your touring, pick up your luggage and take a cab to the Black Falcon Terminal.

If you want to ride around the harbor, there is a MBTA water taxi from Long Wharf to Charlestown for$3.25 each way. You can visit the NPS Constitution Museum. Unfortunately the Constitution will be in dry dock.

They may offer a $25/pp all day rate that would also include the water taxi to the pier. Folks who have done this going the other way have commented that it was a bit of a walk from the port terminal entrance to the water taxi. It sounds good in theory, but might not really be something you want to do with lots of luggage. A cab will drop you off right by the porters and should cost in the $10-15 range from the Boston Harbor Hotel, which is at Rowes Wharf.

Edited by 138east

Rowes Wharf Water Taxi/Transport offers luggage storage. You take a shuttle bus to their dock at Logan and then they take you across the harbor. From FAQ on their website:

.Q. Do you offer luggage storage?

A. Yes, we offer secure luggage storage in a locked private room at Rowes Wharf. The storage is free for passengers purchasing a round trip ticket and is also available for passengers not requiring a round trip ticket for an additional $8/person.

I've used them for transport to hotels in Boston, and it's wonderful way to approach the city. I'm going to use their cruise special when we get off the ship in September for the reverse of what you need.

That's interesting that they charge for storage if you don't purchase a round trip. Good to know. Anyway, it's the only game in town to store luggage except for the bus station and a great deal. Regular taxi from Logan to downtown would be at least $25 because of the extra charges and tolls.

Thanks for the quick replies. I have looked up the Rowe's website and found the cruise special you are speaking of:

Cruise Ship Special

Take advantage of the best deal in Boston Harbor!

We'll pick you up at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal then bring you to Rowes Wharf where you can securely store your luggage for free while you explore the city for the day. Afterwards, we'll take you on a quick water taxi ride to Logan International Airport for your flight.

This service is only $25 per person and tickets may be purchased online or on board

Hopefully they will be able to offer us something similar for transportation from the airport to the terminal. I will call them to find out.

You really have to be sure you can handle your luggage to get from the water taxi dock to the porters on the pier. The distance is apparently enough that this is the one thing that folks have commented about.