Paradise question

I was looking on the Carnival website today and I noticed that it showed a pour your own beer area or station on the ship. Has anyone seen this and used it to get a beer rather than going to the bar?

I have used it on the Paradise. It was in fact the last time I used it.

Pro - there is rarely a line, and you can control how much you actually want to pay for, as it is pay by the ounce poured.

Con - You get charged for the run off... I have a keg-o-rator at home and always draw off about 1-2 seconds to get the foam out of the line... if you dont, you get ALOT of head on your beer. In this case, as soon as you start drawing beer, regardless of what you do with it, you get charged. So if you follow someone else, they you are good, the beer in the line will pour smooth, if it has sat there for more than 10 minutes, the beer in the line is warmer, causing the run off.

Also make sure it is off, before you swipe your card. People like to pull the handle down as they walk by it.

I prefer to just go to the bar, it might take a few extra minutes, but after the first day they always know what I am getting and get to me quickly.

Yes they have them on Lido next to the Buffet and Pizza area. We tried it and don't think it's worth it. Unless you are an experienced bar tender you will always get a lot of foam(head). As the taps charge you by the ounce you will be charged for the waste. If you get a tapped brew at any of the bars,the bartenders will let the beer flow until the foam is gone.

I too, saw it being used on "Paradise", and I too think you'd better be very careful when using it. I saw several people get charged for a bunch of beer that ran down the drain, while they figured out how to stop the flow. I too, would suggest walking to the bar, and ordering a beer, instead of fooling around with this thing. ;)

"SKY"