Hotel in Seattle for $80-$100

BLONDIE35

We were looking for somewhere cheap to stay in Seattle last May - arrived in town at 11PM and were leaving @ 10AM the next morning. We stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn because their free shuttle bus picked us up at the train station and then took us back the next morning. It was $120 last year but looks like $150+ now.

Clean, not fancy, near Space Needle, area looks unsafe for after dark outings. Check http://www.tripadvisor.com for other suggestions.

Are you looking for downtown or airport? I booked Fairfield Inn Seatac in May for approximately $105 total. It offers shuttle service to and from the airport. I have booked shuttle service from HAL from the airport. My only concern is the Sunday that I leave, the Mariners are playing a home game, and I understand that the HAL shuttle goes right past the ball field, may slow down arrival time to the ship. I booked online thru Marriott's website about 3 weeks ago. Forgot to mention, that is for a whirlpool room.

We probably spend a 1/2 dozen nights in Seattle every year. Hotels in Seattle can get pretty expensive in the summer time. Occasionally you can find a bargain in the downtown area, but mostly in the winter. The nicer area to stay in downtown is near the convention center. Within a few blocks are the Sheraton, Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Hilton and several others. You are within easy walking distance of shopping and only a few blocks from the Pike Place Market. If you are coming to Seattle early enough to spend some time in downtown, then it would be nice to stay in this area.

I don't care to stay in the Seattle Center area, as there is not much within walking distance except the Seattle Center attractions--Space Needle. If you do stay in this area, you can reach downtown by the Monorail.

If you are flying in, spending the night, then leaving on a cruise and do not have time for sight seeing, I would recommend staying in the airport area. All of the common chains are in the airport area and the price is typically substantially less than the downtown hotels. We often use the Marriott properties. There are two Courtyards, Southcenter and SeaTac. The Southcenter property is within walking distance of a large mall and a few restarurants. There is also a Target within walking distance to get those few items you forgot to pack. The SeaTac Courtyard is also nice, but only a few fast food restaurants are nearby.

To my knowledge there are no hotels near Pier 30. Near Pier 66 there is a Marriott, The Edgewater and not too far away, The Inn at The Market.

• 2 weeks later...

The hotel is located pretty close to the dt shopping area. You can easily walk to Pike Place Market or the Seattle Center. Trip Advisor.com has some good reviews on the hotel. You are close to a few of Tom Douglas restaurants (check it out on google). Hey for $50 I think it is a great choice, you will have to do a review when you get back.

You will LOVE Seattle, it is a great city.:)

Archived