Antigua beaches

Ahoymatey1977

• 10 months later...
Valley Church Beach, walk to bus station $1.50 to beach, a very nice beach... Do go to ports of call here on Cruise Critic, Ports of call-Caribbean-Aruba and search beach, easy and much info....

Where do you find the bus? How often do they run or where could I find that information?

Where do you find the bus? How often do they run or where could I find that information?

We took the bus to Valley Church Beach in 2014. The bus station is an easy walk from the port area...maybe a 10 minute walk. Not sure how often the bus goes that route. We got on the bus and maybe waited 5-10 minutes for it to leave the station. Ride to the beach was maybe 20 minutes? It's a beautiful beach! Hope this helps.

For buses down the west coast, which is what you're looking for, you walk a couple of blocks inland from the pier and head right on Market St. You will come to a Y-intersection with a large statue of a man's head, and take the right fork. Bus terminal (open air) is to the right opposite of the flea market. I believe it's the #22, which will take you to any of a number of beaches. Driver and other passengers are happy to let you know where to drop off.

Thanks for the info Lard Greystoke. We had taken the bus to Valley Church several years ago and I was trying to remember the process as we will be returning in a few weeks. I recall it was easy to get to the beach and maybe strike up a conversation with a local along the way.

For buses down the west coast, which is what you're looking for, you walk a couple of blocks inland from the pier and head right on Market St. You will come to a Y-intersection with a large statue of a man's head, and take the right fork. Bus terminal (open air) is to the right opposite of the flea market. I believe it's the #22, which will take you to any of a number of beaches. Driver and other passengers are happy to let you know where to drop off.

What would be the cost of a shared cab to Valley Church Beach? Just want to compare the option with the cost of the bus.

Thanks!