Newark to Cape Liberty

Zephyrs

We are blooked on the Quantum leaving Feb 13th. We have a late flight arriving at 9:30pm and there are 3 of us in the party. I am thinking we will book a car since from what I have read it would be the most economical for three people. What are my best options for a hotel?

Edited by Zephyrs

You are arriving late with no time to do much other than get to a hotel. What is your budget? Do you want double beds or queens? Will you have eaten dinner? Many hotels are not full service with restaurants so your late night options are the hotel snack food or take out delivered to the hotel.

To get to any hotel you would take your luggage from the lower baggage level up to the Airtrain via elevator and take the free train to the P4 station to get the free hotel shuttle. Paying for a cab to the hotel is another option.

I don't want to spend a crazy amount on the hotel since we will just be sleeping and leaving to go to the port in the morning. For transportation to the hotel I would prefer the easiest straight forward option. My husband doesn't have patience to figure out where we are supposed to be once we get there. Oh and I need 2 beds, queens would be nice. If the room had a sofa that would be even better for my daughter.

Unfortunately, the easiest way to get to a hotel is to pay for a cab if you don't want to go on the Airtrain/ free shuttle route. Probably $20-25

I have found three good possibilities for you with various pros and cons.

1). Springhill Suites - on Expedia. King + sofabed - $128 + $19 tax - pay later and cancellable - free breakfast - not full service

2). Hampton Inn - Expedia - 2 queens - $109 + $19 tax - prepay nonrefundable - free breakfast - not full service

3) Ramada Plaza - aa.com - 2 doubles - $80+ $12.40 tax - pay now refundable - no free breakfast - full service including cafe, restaurant, and Teddy's Sports Bar

These are all hotels that cruisers patronize on a regular basis.

I will check them out, thanks Carol. For getting to the port am I correct it is best to go with a cab or hire a car?

Also, we have a very early departure when we come back..what is the fastest way to get back to the airport. We will be walking off as soon as they let us.

You should be fine.

Please post back after Feb 2 before you leave. I will be self disembarking on Feb 2 to make a 10:26 train from Newark Penn Station. I think I will use the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty in the hope of getting a shared shuttle.

When I get to Cape Liberty I will have a chat with the dispatcher to see how it really works. In Nov I did the EX repo to Port Canaveral and had an early flight at 11:30 because Jet Blue pushed the time up 23 minutes and wouldn't reschedule my flight. What a mess. Our shuttle group ignored the RCL designated waiting areas and assembled on deck 4 near one of the exits. We were able to get in line immediately after the "tour folks" and get ourselves off the ship. An enormous number of folks self-disembarked and the folks who waited in the dining rooms or theater were seriously delayed and many missed their flights. Our group was on the road to Orlando a little after 9 am and at the airport by 10 am.

Cape Liberty should be a lot better than that scenario. A lot of folks self disembark, but it's not usually 50%. The are no more shuttle buses. Lines for Immigration have never been the bottleneck at CL. Newark airport is relatively close with a good access road.