Directions to Cape Liberty

catz821

I78 becomes the NJ Turnpike extension (exits 14A-14C) when you intersect with the NJ Turnpike. You can use credit cards to pay for parking.

Directions from NJ Turnpike Exit 14A into Cape Liberty

Please print out my directions. Others have followed them successfully. The signage is poor. When you come through the toll plaza there are lots of choices and you have to make a quick decision as to where you are going. For a first timer there's not time to stop and try to spot the correct little sign and I'm not sure the names of all the streets are clearly marked. GPS is notoriously bad in this area. After you pay your toll you go straight across the toll plaza and get on a 2 lane ramp that goes up and curves left. This is hard to miss. On the ramp you stay on the right and make the first right, stay to the right and make another right. You will come to the light at route 440 where you will make a left, stay left, and make a left at the first light onto Goldsborough Drive. Route 440 is a four lane divided highway. You can only turn left at a traffic light - going south the first light is now at Goldsborough Drive. The left turn into the port used to be at Port Terminal Blvd (and it still is coming the other way), but they shut down that turn fairly recently and made Goldsborough Drive the main port access road coming from the north. Goldsborough Drive will merge with Port Terminal Blvd. You will be able to see the ship and you just follow the crowd about 2 miles out to the ship.

Edited by 138east

and depending on what day and time of day, be careful, as this is a heavy truck traffic area. Lots of trucks going into and out of Bayonne during the week. I've been to the terminals in Bayonne many times and it can get crazy busy from the NJTP/I78 area, across the bridge, through the toll both area and all the way past where you will turn to the cruise port.

Edited by TruckerDave