Final payment

Morning guys,

Booked on Discovery in September, all ready to pay the final then a family crisis has arisen where members are being made homeless, do Thomson ever extend final payment dates? It would only be from June 17th til 8 days later when we get paid. Too early to speak to Thomson at the moment

Thanks

Dean

Our travel agent has a 10day grace period where they can extend final payment date I don't know if this is at the discretion of the manager but call as soon as you can and hopefully they can help....good luck

Thanks, we had to book this one online as we've already changed it once as originally we were going to D.Republic but because of this Zika we decided a Spanish cruise was safer. I hope online is the same otherwise we'll have to change it again to something cheaper so we can help with money [emoji30]

On the Navigator of the seas on Saturday this should be an exciting time! Worst thing is we're taking one of the effected people on with us as her 50th birthday present, my wife feels so guilty

On the Thomson site:

Can I pay the remaining balance of my holiday online?

If you wish to pay the balance of your holiday you can do so online by logging into Manage my booking.

Please note, this service is not available for the following holiday types - please call us on the numbers listed below:

Cruise holidays

Twin centre holidays

Ski & Snowboarding

Lakes & Mountains

You can also contact us via our Call Centre where one our our advisors will be happy to help.

When you call, please ensure you have your booking reference to hand.

Package holidays - 0203 451 2688

Cruise holidays - 0203 451 2682

Twin Centre holidays - 0203 451 2688

Ski & Snowboarding holidays - 0870 166 4975 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)

Lakes & Mountains - 0871 971 0577 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)

Simply Travel holidays - 0207 106 0373

As a general rule, full payment is required at least 12 weeks before your departure date but dates can vary. You can pay at any time earlier than this if you want to. The due date for paying the balance of your holiday will be stated at the time of booking.

Can I pay the balance of my holiday at one of your high street shops?

If you wish to pay off your holiday balance, you can either do this via our call centre on 0203 451 2688 or in your local Thomson shop.

Do I have to pay a deposit? If so, how much?

Deposits are applicable for all holidays except late deals where full payment is due immediately. If you are booking within 12 weeks of your departure date, you must pay the entire cost of your holiday. If you are booking more than 12 weeks in advance of your departure date you can choose to pay a deposit as shown on the payment page of the online booking process. You will also be informed at this stage of when the balance is due.

i booked our 2 week cruise online and when i called up to book the cabin we wanted it was unavailable, I asked what the chances are and the lady said perhaps its been reserved but you can check back once the "final payment date" is due, i.e someome may have paid a deposit and then didnt pay their final, i asked her what the grace period for this was and she said they always allow 14 days from the final payment due date to allow for people being paid at different times of the month etc so i would suggest 14 days at the very least

That would be amazing! Thanks for that. Can't call until my lunch so that makes me feel better.

i forgot to mention this was only 2 weeks ago so I would doubt their policy would have changed in that time, best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi llmac, apologies for the delay I was on the Navigator. I phoned and spoke to someone but they haven't filled me with confidence. First he told me my final payment date was 70 days before departure....10th August!! I said I think you've got it wrong mate...oh hold on...(working it out for 5 mins) it's the 11th of August....so I said why does my email say the 18th of June and he just said Oh. I said can you just put on my notes I'll be paying 1200 by the 17th and the rest on the 25th and he said okay that's saved....

Going to phone again soon and make sure the notes are on there

Dean