Having just returned (6th May) from 6 nights on Dream I feel I wanted to reply to you. Everyone has different expectations and I can truthfully say, after cruising on all the Thomson ships, many times, Thomson Dream is fine. Yes there are new crew on board but they are trying their best and learning, our experience was a very friendly and attentive crew doing their best, yes you had to wait a while for a drink but what's the rush - you're on holiday. Captain we found to be very informative giving us good information and weather updates (we sailed through a force 10) not like some of the other Captains who find talking to passengers a chore. In my opinion, Dream is still a lovely ship with a great layout and with Corfu being its home port this summer it's an added bonus.

Apart from slow drinks service and buffet gripes (standard to all cruise lines) it doesn't contain much of substance, reads like most bad reviews do i.e. it wasn't to their personal taste which will always happen after all it's impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time.

Our daughter is on in a couple of weeks so I will report back they have been on before so will have a good reference point.

Thanks,an up to date review would be good. Hearing of waiting for half an hour or so for drinks is a bit off putting. Not so bad if you can go to the bar and get them but sometimes they don't like you to do that. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Having just returned (6th May) from 6 nights on Dream I feel I wanted to reply to you. Everyone has different expectations and I can truthfully say, after cruising on all the Thomson ships, many times, Thomson Dream is fine. Yes there are new crew on board but they are trying their best and learning, our experience was a very friendly and attentive crew doing their best, yes you had to wait a while for a drink but what's the rush - you're on holiday. Captain we found to be very informative giving us good information and weather updates (we sailed through a force 10) not like some of the other Captains who find talking to passengers a chore. In my opinion, Dream is still a lovely ship with a great layout and with Corfu being its home port this summer it's an added bonus.

Is corfu a good embarkation port? We are looking at dream out of corfu july 2017 😊

First update daughter been on a few hours now & all looks ok red wine better than last time, son in law every particular and said ok, only problem so far problem with toilets on deck 5😞

and decks 7 and 9 :( but was dealt with very quickly and a bottle of bubble left :)

Is corfu a good embarkation port? We are looking at dream out of corfu july 2017 😊

Think its just your luck Daughter and family had no problems, we don't particularly like the small airport and others have reported problems but the actual ship embarkation is ok.:)