Altun Ha Maya Ruins Tour Company Suggestions

maryland

Has anyone taken this tour with Belize Exotic Adventures? We've been to Belize before and did the cave tubing and are not interested in snorkeling so we thought a trip to the ruins with a chance to see more of the country would be nice. We also wanted a tour with a lunch included which this has and we didn't want a huge bus tour. Is there any other company people would recommend? This one is highly rated on Trip Advisor. Thanks

I took a tour with them last Feb [booked them also because of their tripadvisor reviews] and they were fantastic! We had a group of 8 so booked their private tour to Altun Ha and I would go with them again, best private tour to date for me. Was at the pickup point waiting, nice van, drove out to the site, gave us a great talk and history of the site and the Mayan people, did a little shopping, lunch at a local restaurant and then some quick sights in Belize city before heading back to the ship. One of the owners, Nickoli, was our tour guide, local, great guy, felt totally safe and we learned a lot about Belize. It was $50 a piece for us at that time, no money due until we met for the tour. I highly recommend them!

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise and wanted to give an update. We did book a tour to Altun Ha with Belize Exotic Adventures and it was fantastic!! Nickolai met us at the port and took us out to meet Sheena who checked us in and introduced us to our tour guide Wolford. He was great. Originally another couple had also booked this tour but never showed up so we ended up having a private tour. Did a sightseeing tour around the city and then headed out to the ruins. Our tour guide actually grew up in the small village right outside Altun Ha and his grandfather worked with Dr. David Pendergast so he had lots of interesting stories to share. After our tour of Altun Ha we stopped at a local restaurant for lunch which was also good. Would highly recommend this company for tours in Belize.

So glad to hear you had a great time! Our 3rd cruise leaves the end of the month and we are getting brave. This is one of the private excursions we booked for this cruise. Super excited!! Thanks for sharing your experience!

• 3 weeks later...
After our tour of Altun Ha we stopped at a local restaurant for lunch which was also good. Would highly recommend this company for tours in Belize.

I have a strange question. My husband visited Altun Ha several years ago, but somehow all of his photos got erased. We will be in Belize on the Celebrity Equinox in November 2017, but were hoping to go to another ruins. What I am looking for is someone who would be willing to share their pictures of their tour of Altun Ha? I can mail a flash drive for you to copy them to, or you can post them to your Facebook page and i can download from there (most of the time). You can also email me a zip file?

If you aren't comfortable doing this, that's fine. I just wanted to tour one of the other ruins in Belize when we are there. And all I want are the buildings and scenery (i really don't need any family pictures, :) )

let me know if this is something you might want to do.

thank you so much

Cheryl & Phil Corcoran

shovelrae1@charter.net