How early is Disembakation on Carnival Freedom

kekhome

Hello Guys,

Firstimer here...My family and I are sailing to the Western Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale aboard the Carnival Freedom late November and this will be our 9th cruise on Carnival. Unfortunately our flight back to Maryland is at 8:10AM, how early is the disembarkation? I guess I was so psyched about the fun to be had and did not pay attention to our return flight.

This past Saturday jen made an announcement at 6:30 that the ship was cleared and if you were doing self assist come on down their are only 4 people in line. We were in the car and on the road by 7:10. Which was good due to a 10 hour drive. It all depends when customs clears the ship.

Hello Guys,

Firstimer here...My family and I are sailing to the Western Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale aboard the Carnival Freedom late November and this will be our 9th cruise on Carnival. Unfortunately our flight back to Maryland is at 8:10AM, how early is the disembarkation? I guess I was so psyched about the fun to be had and did not pay attention to our return flight.

Wow. Even if you got off the ship at 7am there is no way you can get that luggage checked in within the 60 minute window.

Have a back up plan just in case

I wish you luck

Hello Guys,

Looks like you will return on the 29th? On this date there will also be 5 other ships at Pt. Everglades AND 6 at Port of Miami (of which many people from POM will use FLL for their return flights). These ships will also be returning from Thanksgiving cruises. Holiday weeks are notorious for greater than normal passenger loads as more families are sailing. That is 12 fully loaded ships of people and most will be going to the airports.

Your itinerary states a return to Pt. Everglades at 8 am. In all reality, the ship may not be cleared to even begin disembarking passengers until well after 8 am with this many ships in port. You might get lucky and be able to self-disembark, clear customs very quickly and grab a taxi to be at FLL as early as 7 am. You might also be lucky enough to get through TSA and be at your gate to board your flight in time too. There are several reasons why Carnival suggests not booking a return flight earlier than 11:30 am and the above is only the tip of the iceberg.

IMO, I would do whatever it takes to re-book to a later flight now. If you don't make it in time (which is more likely than not), realize this is a Holiday weekend and there might not be any available seats to be found on later flights -and even if there are, they will be very expensive. Good luck.

Do whatever you can to change your return flight to a later time. I'd suggest after 1pm, considering all the ships that are going to be in the area and the fact that it's around Thanksgiving.

I would find it very likely you'd miss your flight. It's way too risky and I don't think you'd make the flight even if you did get off the ship at 7am...there is still getting a taxi (once again, lots of cruise ships around and it's near a holiday), traffic, getting through security and checking in bags at the airport, etc....just doesn't seem like you'll make it, sorry :(

7:00 AM. What part of MD? :D

You may wanna change your flight to be safe. I'm assuming it's southwest because of BWI and I have looked at many flights leaving at 8:10 from there when looking at cruises, just never booked them. I know southwest is good with changing fligths before hand, so go ahead and change it.

Have fun, Freedom is my favorite ship!

Looks like you will return on the 29th? On this date there will also be 5 other ships at Pt. Everglades AND 6 at Port of Miami (of which many people from POM will use FLL for their return flights). These ships will also be returning from Thanksgiving cruises. Holiday weeks are notorious for greater than normal passenger loads as more families are sailing. That is 12 fully loaded ships of people and most will be going to the airports.

there are a few flights taht are sold out that day-- good times too. your best bet is to grab the 12:05 or the 2:00 one. Missing that 8:10 flight in the AM will put you on stand by on another flight-- youmight not make it home that same day

We where off the Freedom 10/18 and had a horrible time debarking. Our ship did not get cleared as early as normal as something was found in a passengers luggage. Then when they did start debarking it was a mad rush. Jen made a announcement about 830am to wait til your zone was called as they where having issues getting everyone off the ship. We had Zone 1 and finally at 11am we decided to just get off as our zone was not called and had flights to catch. It was after 12pm before we got through customs. Then another LONG wait for our rental. All in all our friends missed there 1:35 flight and we barley made our 3:15.

We learned lots of lessons that cruise.

Hello Guys,

I appreciate all the responses. I contacted Southwest when we realized what we did and explained to them our situation. Regrettably the seats available on later flights according to the customer rep would cost us US$300 extra per person. So we are exploring other options.

I appreciate all the responses. I contacted Southwest when we realized what we did and explained to them our situation. Regrettably the seats available on later flights according to the customer rep would cost us US$300 extra per person. So we are exploring other options.

Keep watching.. Southwest will not charge you to change flights though you will pay the difference between the 2 flights. If you are booked early enough the flights to change prices here and there.

We watched a flight from MSP to FLL for quite a while sit firm at $112 right before we booked it went up to $142 and now its back to $112. So they do change from time to time.

GOOD LUCK!

there is a reason that 8am flight is very cheap== it will cost you more money if you missed that flight.

I would look on the site yourself to see what your options are.

Sounds like the person quoting to a price was not giving you the wanna get away price which is only done online