Bajari Beach - worth it, or same as port area?

Auntiejo

Has anyone done the Bajari Beach Break excursion? Looks like a beautiful beach, but I'm wondering if it's the same difference as hanging at the beach right at the port. We're on the Royal Princess along with 2 small ships in port that day, so I was thinking Bajari could be a way to get away from the crowds.

Thoughts from anyone that's been to Bajari? Is it worth the expense and travel to break away from the crowds? Or should we just stick to the port area and keep it simple? The Princess excursion if only $30 as it doesn't include food or drinks.

I think this might be the same spot as the "private beach break" excursions offered on the ship. If so it's just south of Cockburntown, and around the small point from Governors Beach. So the beach will be nice, water probably calm, depending on the weather, but snorkeling limited . Can be a great party spot once th eDJ kicks in but crowds would be limited to number of people signed up for excursion and number of ships in offering it. No idea what the food and drink prices outside the AI are.

• 1 month later...

I am pretty sure it's the same place. I didn't like it because the chairs were so closely jammed together and the beach had a 12" drop off into the ocean.

The food was pretty decent but I cannot stand being bothered with vendors constantly try to seek me stuff. It's about a 15 or so minute ride to the beach. This time when I go, I am going to do the free beach.

I am pretty sure it's the same place. I didn't like it because the chairs were so closely jammed together and the beach had a 12" drop off into the ocean.

The food was pretty decent but I cannot stand being bothered with vendors constantly try to seek me stuff. It's about a 15 or so minute ride to the beach. This time when I go, I am going to do the free beach.

All the beaches on the island are free and public. You can go to any spot in the island and get in the water for free.

From the GT official site:

Contrary to what some tour or shore excursion packages offered to cruise ship guests might suggest, all of the beaches to the high tide mark in the Turks and Caicos are public with no entrance fee. There are no “private beaches”. An all-inclusive “private” beach package can be a good option if you want to have access to umbrellas, loungers, a bar service and other amenities, but these sites are neither private nor located on the best beach.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk