Snacks and spirits to provision a weeks stay near carnage ?

grammy c

We will be aboard SV Mandalay in a few weeks for a b2b adventure. We would like to get re provisioned mid way with a few things for the cabin. Island star, could you tell me if bourbon ,not scotch, is available on the island? Also, we know the duty free at the terminal, but think Mandalay will be in the Carinage area, thanks

We will be aboard SV Mandalay in a few weeks for a b2b adventure. We would like to get re provisioned mid way with a few things for the cabin. Island star, could you tell me if bourbon ,not scotch, is available on the island? Also, we know the duty free at the terminal, but think Mandalay will be in the Carinage area, thanks

Oh how fantastic you're heading up to the Grenadines then. Lovely.

Now I thought the home port was now Le Phare Bleu marina but could be wrong. If it is they offer a bus service to/from the IGA supermarket which may work for you. If you are based on the Carenage itself then there are a number of supermarkets nearby and you can catch any one of a number of buses that pass by to get to them although if you are provisioning a lot them perhaps a taxi might be better? No idea on bourbon but I'm sure it will be in the duty free in the terminal if not in the shops.

Hope you have a wonderful voyage :)

Island Star, thanks for the reply. You might be right about the location of Mandalay. We're three wks out and don't have final instructions as yet. Just assuming lots of stuff. It's been 19 yrs. since boarding the Mandalay, but only a few months since being on lovely Grenada. I'm sure we'll find what we need. We're beside ourselves to be back aboard this SV. And sail the grenidines once more. A vast difference in perspective for this trip, compared to '92 & '95. Thanks again, Diane