Venice Weather in the Fall

IECalCruiser

We are looking at one of the three Adriatic and Aegean Connoisseur cruises on the Pacific next year. The later the cruise, the less expensive the cruise but for a few hundred dollars I would rather have better weather. We would be in Venice on 10/03, 11/08 or 11/20. I'm thinking that 10/03 should have a fairly decent chance of good weather but that there could be issues with rain and possible flooding in November. Is that correct?

We are looking at one of the three Adriatic and Aegean Connoisseur cruises on the Pacific next year. The later the cruise, the less expensive the cruise but for a few hundred dollars I would rather have better weather. We would be in Venice on 10/03, 11/08 or 11/20. I'm thinking that 10/03 should have a fairly decent chance of good weather but that there could be issues with rain and possible flooding in November. Is that correct?

There is some good information here about acqua alta, and links to a website that forecasts the tides and the possibilities of acqua alta a few days in advance. You're right that early October is probably your best choice of the ones you are considering. Venice in autumn rain is chilly but beautiful. And it certainly keeps the numbers of tourists down!

The 10/3 will be the better timing. We arrived into Venice 10/27 & the flooding was already terrible. Do a google search of Venice acqua alta and you will see the photos.

Wading through knee high (or higher) water in Venice is not fun. Nor is walking and sightseeing in the pouring rain. Even with umbrellas, raincoats & waterproof footwear, we returned to our hotel soaking wet. My friend actually returned home sick and spent a week in bed.

While we had a fantastic 21 day trip, returning home ill really made for a bad ending to the trip.