Obstructed View Balconies - Deck Plans with obstructions listed

Thanks for this. I'm on Anthem in 6176 and was checking every video I could find to see if the white structure that holds lifeboats would be my view and it looks like that will be the view of cabin next to me and your graph would confirm that. Seems like from the room I'll look out and see the top of a lifeboat lower half of view and ocean above that...I can deal with that.

I'm curious as how they can say 8112 is 50% obstructed. It's one of the circular holes at the very front of the ship with nothing in front of it. I'd say 20% obstructed at best. Unless I'm missing something. :confused:

I'm curious as how they can say 8112 is 50% obstructed. It's one of the circular holes at the very front of the ship with nothing in front of it. I'd say 20% obstructed at best. Unless I'm missing something. :confused:

I personally think that they erred on the side of caution in many cases. It would be much better to tell someone that it is a 50% obstructed view when in reality it may only be 30%.

The customer would end up getting a better view than they had hoped for and will be happy. Opposed to trying to state the obstructions accurately and then having customers unhappy because it was listed as a 30% obstructed view and they feel it was really 40% obstructed.

In your case it will also depend on whether you are standing at the rail or sitting down on a chair or viewing the view firm inside your cabin as to the amount of obstruction. Just different perspectives.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks for this. I'm on Anthem in 6176 and was checking every video I could find to see if the white structure that holds lifeboats would be my view and it looks like that will be the view of cabin next to me and your graph would confirm that. Seems like from the room I'll look out and see the top of a lifeboat lower half of view and ocean above that...I can deal with that.

That's our cabin too! We are on May 22nd to the Canaries. I was told on booking that it was a 50% obstructed view! but it's nice to have it confirmed again!

• 2 weeks later...