Ideas for older travelers?

erin327

I will be visiting in May with my husband, two daughters (ages 4 and 7), and my in laws (early 70s with slight mobility issues). I am looking for some gentle shore excursions we could do with our group. We won't be looking for the party bus or anything of that sort, but a nice boat tour or bus tour would be great. Even a snorkel trip that would allow the girls would work as my in laws could enjoy the boat ride and watching the kids snorkel. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

While staying at Dreams La Romana we really enjoyed a daysail with Pro Excursions (dot com) on their new luxuty cat the Quetzal. Gorgeous catamaran with 3 or 4 heads and comfortable, shaded seating as well as a large netting in the front. Great lunch and drinks and a wonderful crew too. If this is an option for a cruise stop I'd really recommend it.

They're located in Bayahibe, a small village that's a 20 minute taxi to the east of port. Generally they can help coordinate the taxi. The only issue is having to take a small cat out to where the Quetzal is moored and transferring to the Quetzal. But the crew helps steady you so shouldn't be any worries.

They hit either Saona Island or Catalina Island and we also toured the beautiful homes of the rich and famous in Casa De Campo and even cruised up the River Chavon for a ways. Truly a memorable day, even for those who do not snorkel!

While staying at Dreams La Romana we really enjoyed a daysail with Pro Excursions (dot com) on their new luxuty cat the Quetzal. Gorgeous catamaran with 3 or 4 heads and comfortable, shaded seating as well as a large netting in the front. Great lunch and drinks and a wonderful crew too. If this is an option for a cruise stop I'd really recommend it.

They're located in Bayahibe, a small village that's a 20 minute taxi to the east of port. Generally they can help coordinate the taxi. The only issue is having to take a small cat out to where the Quetzal is moored and transferring to the Quetzal. But the crew helps steady you so shouldn't be any worries.

They hit either Saona Island or Catalina Island and we also toured the beautiful homes of the rich and famous in Casa De Campo and even cruised up the River Chavon for a ways. Truly a memorable day, even for those who do not snorkel!

If you do look at this contact them with any concerns about your in laws and getting on and off the Quetzal if this is an available option. Pro E and Seavis Tours also offer land-based excursions, and many people choose a day pass at Dreams rather than exploring the area. But the natural beauty of the area is worth the effort.