Marseille to Cassis (and back)

CianaDoll

If anyone is as overwhelmed as I am with figuring out how to get to Cassis from the port in Marseille using public transportation, I found a great webpage with clear step-by-step instructions.

I am assuming returning to port will be just as simple.

http://mikestravelguide.com/the-easiest-way-to-get-from-marseille-to-cassis/

Edited by CianaDoll

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Just back from an Epic trip which finished off with a few days in Marseille. We went by train to Cassis yesterday and it was fairly simple and quick, although once there we found it would be quicker and only slightly more expensive to go by cab from Marseille. We took a €3 metro to Gare St Charles (main station) from the harbour, used an online ticket machine there to choose train times there and back and bought 2 returns for around €26 altogether. We had to wait 20 mins for the next train. Watched the indicator board to find the platform and got on our double decker train.

Journey took around 20 mins and Cassis was 3rd stop. The station is in the middle of nowhere, we tried walking down which unfortunately took around an hour! There was a bus stop though and on our return taxis!

BUT if you have the time it is worth it! Beautiful harbour and beach, very chic. We got the 11.20 out and 16.30 back (with a taxi back to station!) the taxi driver said would be around €18 each way from Marseille usually. Lovely place.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea of how much it would cost for a taxi from the Marseille port to Cassis?

I am also cruising on the EPIC in October and NCL doesn't offer any excursions to Cassis. I've searched shore excursions and I can't find any that just take you to Cassis. I would rather spend the day there than waste time going to other places in Marseille.

Thank you LoopyLou66!

Any idea of how much it would cost for a taxi from the Marseille port to Cassis?

I am also cruising on the EPIC in October and NCL doesn't offer any excursions to Cassis. I've searched shore excursions and I can't find any that just take you to Cassis. I would rather spend the day there than waste time going to other places in Marseille.

Thank you LoopyLou66!

Hi. The driver we asked quoted around €20 each way which isn't too bad but do try contacting that company Chercheloi suggests as well.

In my opinion it's worth it for the day 😊.

That's not what we were told Chercheloi as we were not on a cruise then but were staying in Marseille and we asked the driver who took us from Cassis harbour to the station what it would have cost to go direct to Marseille instead and he said around €18-20, one way.

But if you live in the area I'm sure you have a better idea of costs. Probably best to check beforehand anyone who wants to go. :)

Louise