parking New Orleans for triumph

trk3

We are cruising on Feb 12. Wanted to drive down the day before and spend the night. Hotels are crazy high because of mardi gras! Looking at Holiday Inn and the room is $238.29 with tax plus and plus $19 parking fee to leave your car there. The shuttle will take you to port but not back so another $15 for taxi. So, about $272.29!

Thinking about staying a little out of the New Orleans city area for cheaper, but am worried about traffic. Also I saw where you had to pay like $17 a day to park at parking garage for cruise. If our cruise is sat thur thursday that is $102 plus the room.

Anyone know how bad the traffic will be around that time? I don't think the parades start until the next week end. Thanks!

Its $16 a day at the port. Those are crazy high rates. Im on Elation and get back the day before mardi gras starts, so I hope parking isnt a problem and people coming in early.

Im leaving Feb 12th too .. mardi gras doesnt start until the 18th the hotel site says??

Did you call the Drury .. I guess they are even higher? they do cruise specials.

We are cruising on Feb 12. Wanted to drive down the day before and spend the night. Hotels are crazy high because of mardi gras! Looking at Holiday Inn and the room is $238.29 with tax plus and plus $19 parking fee to leave your car there. The shuttle will take you to port but not back so another $15 for taxi. So, about $272.29!

Thinking about staying a little out of the New Orleans city area for cheaper, but am worried about traffic. Also I saw where you had to pay like $17 a day to park at parking garage for cruise. If our cruise is sat thur thursday that is $102 plus the room.

Anyone know how bad the traffic will be around that time? I don't think the parades start until the next week end. Thanks!

When we were on the Triumph last March, we also stayed at the Holiday Inn. They had a shuttle that was running back and forth to the port. I went down that morning and tried to make a reservation for the shuttle. I was told there would be no need for a reservation. There would be plenty of room. Well when we went to catch the shuttle we were told they were way behind schedule and they were caught in traffic. We may have a hard time getting there. The hotel called a taxi for us and picked up the bill since they told us to catch it at noon and there would not be a wait. The traffic was a big nightmare. I would suggest getting there earlier that us. We are going out of Port Canaveral this March and I will be there in line around 10:30 am this time. The taxi driver said it was always like this on Saturday mornings.

I called and they said they only take you not bring you back. Dang I should of thought of mardi gras before booking out of NO!

I found another hotel for around $80 about 15 minutes out of downtown then could park at Fulton garage for $10 a day, and they have a shuttle. So, around $150 with tax maybe. But, I am worried about the traffic! UGH I'm not sure which to do. I really don't want to pay $272 for a room! And the reviews were saying it was real noisy.

Its $16 a day at the port. Those are crazy high rates. Im on Elation and get back the day before mardi gras starts, so I hope parking isnt a problem and people coming in early.

Im leaving Feb 12th too .. mardi gras doesnt start until the 18th the hotel site says??

Did you call the Drury .. I guess they are even higher? they do cruise specials.

I looked up a mardi gras site and found the first parade was the 18th or 19th. Can't remember now. I looked up Drury and its around $170 or $170 then it has a fee for parking. Maybe I will call them tomorrow. The web site is a little confusing on the parking fee.

I looked up a mardi gras site and found the first parade was the 18th or 19th. Can't remember now. I looked up Drury and its around $170 or $170 then it has a fee for parking. Maybe I will call them tomorrow. The web site is a little confusing on the parking fee.

I dont think the cruise package is online, you have to call. They are way better than Holiday Inn, they have bigger, nicer rooms, free cocktails and hot finger foods and breakfast is good.

The parking rate ($16/day) is not crazy high - they are market rates and extremely reasonable considering what you get. If you want crazy high, try cruise parking in NYC. More than double.

Within a few blocks of the cruise port, decent parking can be had for $10/day.

As for Mardi Gras - it is March 8th this year.

Heck, Drury Inn is considerably less than Holiday Inn rate you mentioned on that date.

I don't see parades as an issue. Here is one schedule:

http://www.mardigras.com/parades/

Don't worry - be happy!

Did you just book the cruise?

We stayed at Drury Inn in November. It's a beautiful hotel!!! Parking for each night of a stay there is $17/day. However, we called them and got the cruise parking deal. It was $35 for the entire duration--included the night we stayed there plus the 5 days of the cruise. But no shuttle. The drop-off/drive-back/park/walk option is a tough one, because of bad traffic around the port, and a very tricky walk to the port, which can be either 1 mile or 2.5 miles depending on circumstances. A cab will be $7/person, even though it's a short drive.

My advice: Whether you stay at Drury Inn or somewhere cheaper further away, park at Fulton Place Parking for $10/day. That's what the other poster was referring to. I think they need you to reserve it though, which you can do online. They will shuttle you to and from the terminal at no extra charge. Even comparing prices to Drury's $35 parking deal, when you add in cab fares plus tips for both ways, you would pay the same or more for that than you would pay doing the $17 for the one night at Drury plus $50 at Fulton.

The parking rate ($16/day) is not crazy high - they are market rates and extremely reasonable considering what you get. If you want crazy high, try cruise parking in NYC. More than double.

Within a few blocks of the cruise port, decent parking can be had for $10/day.

As for Mardi Gras - it is March 8th this year.

Heck, Drury Inn is considerably less than Holiday Inn rate you mentioned on that date.

I don't see parades as an issue. Here is one schedule:

http://www.mardigras.com/parades/

Don't worry - be happy!

Did you just book the cruise?

I did just book the cruise, our first. So, excited! I know the parades aren't that weekend. But, people are starting to come in. Some of the hotels are already booked up for my weekend. Dh just gets so freaking stressed so easy! UGH I'm trying to make painless for him. lol

Sargant, Thank you so much for that list! I just went through everyone of them. lol But, I did find one. Marriott was the best bargain. Those prices that are listed are not the currant prices for Mardi Gras though. But, still a GREAT help! Thanks!

No Mardi Gras parades until Sat evening, Feb 19, 2011 when Krewe de Vieux parades through the French Quarter. It is one of the few parades that actually goes through the Quarter & is definately adult satire themed. IMO it is worth staying in nola for this parade post cruise. Have fun!

I called and they said they only take you not bring you back. Dang I should of thought of mardi gras before booking out of NO!

I found another hotel for around $80 about 15 minutes out of downtown then could park at Fulton garage for $10 a day, and they have a shuttle. So, around $150 with tax maybe. But, I am worried about the traffic! UGH I'm not sure which to do. I really don't want to pay $272 for a room! And the reviews were saying it was real noisy.

I am paying about $250 at the Drury Inn with their cruise package/parking. We sail out during the French Quarter Festival. We have done the Fulton garage in the past without any problems.

I use p r i c e l i n e d o t c o m, name your own price, choose 3 star in Wharehouse/Arts District (this is actually riverside right by the port) and or Downtown- 3 star bid 50, with tax= 60; for a 4 star bid 55, with tax=70 choose to park at Harrah's for the night before the cruise- go in and play 30min on a free players card- get free drinks while you play, and get 24hours of free parking for that day before you leave...THEN, move your car to Fulton Place Parking- you can google them and find their info- ONLY $10/per day for cruise package parking- they provide a shuttle to the port and back!!! Hope this helps you save lots of $$$ last time we stayed in NOLA we stayed at the 4star Hilton Riverside for the $70 through p.l.- and parked free by parking at Harrah's!!!

I use p r i c e l i n e d o t c o m, name your own price, choose 3 star in Wharehouse/Arts District (this is actually riverside right by the port) and or Downtown- 3 star bid 50, with tax= 60; for a 4 star bid 55, with tax=70 choose to park at Harrah's for the night before the cruise- go in and play 30min on a free players card- get free drinks while you play, and get 24hours of free parking for that day before you leave...THEN, move your car to Fulton Place Parking- you can google them and find their info- ONLY $10/per day for cruise package parking- they provide a shuttle to the port and back!!! Hope this helps you save lots of $$$ last time we stayed in NOLA we stayed at the 4star Hilton Riverside for the $70 through p.l.- and parked free by parking at Harrah's!!!

thanks for this tip!! I am going to check this site out. I got my confirmation from marriot and it says on it there is a fee for valet parking like $31, I called before the confirmation and they said we didn't have to pay that. So, now I have call back. UGH Maybe I can just get a better deal with that!

Is the $10 rate at Fulton Place a normal rate or is it a special??? We are not going on our cruise till December and I am wondering if the price will go up by then. My dad is looking at http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/ and they are charging $14 a day and I have seen several people recommend them, but $10 sounds much better if they offer a quality parking service. Thanks for the info!!!

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed at Drury Inn in November. It's a beautiful hotel!!! Parking for each night of a stay there is $17/day. However, we called them and got the cruise parking deal. It was $35 for the entire duration--included the night we stayed there plus the 5 days of the cruise. But no shuttle. The drop-off/drive-back/park/walk option is a tough one, because of bad traffic around the port, and a very tricky walk to the port, which can be either 1 mile or 2.5 miles depending on circumstances. A cab will be $7/person, even though it's a short drive.

My advice: Whether you stay at Drury Inn or somewhere cheaper further away, park at Fulton Place Parking for $10/day. That's what the other poster was referring to. I think they need you to reserve it though, which you can do online. They will shuttle you to and from the terminal at no extra charge. Even comparing prices to Drury's $35 parking deal, when you add in cab fares plus tips for both ways, you would pay the same or more for that than you would pay doing the $17 for the one night at Drury plus $50 at Fulton.

That all depends on how you look at it. We had two car loads of people. Took them to the terminal in two cars and dropped them off. The two drivers returned the cars back to the hotel and shared a taxi ride for $7 ea. The kicker was the free food at night, the free drinks and the free breakfast. We saved a lot of money eating for free at the hotel, and we partied with other cruisers before we went to the French Quarter. I will stay at the Drury again if I can get a room. They have become very popular!!!

I recently booked parking at the Fulton Place Parking Center for the first week of March. Officialy the garage is full for Mardi Gras parties and parade crews. At first it would not allow me to book on line. I talked to the manager, he opened up a spot for me at the special cruise rate of $10 a day and I quickly booked it on line. They do take your credit card number when reserving a spot but it is not charged until you check in he told me. Free shuttle service to and from the cruise ship terminal is provided. Beats paying $16 a day to the cruise ship terminal.

According to their website, the Fulton Place Parking is now $12.00 per day.

I am only surprised that it took them so long. Still beats the parking rates at the terminal by a long shot. New Orleans loves its payed parking.

Archived