sailing msc musica from venice in November

lqr23x

Hi we have just booked a late cruise on the MSC Musica on the 8/11/2015 sailing from Venice for 7 days. any information about this ship would be much appreciated, we have a balcony cabin on deck 10. are the drinks packages worth the money as my wife and i are both in our 60s and although i enjoy a drink in moderation , my wife would only have maybe 2 to 3 glasses of wine per day.this is not our first cruise and our 2nd with msc as we went on the davina last year which was fantastic, but i have read mixed reviews about the Musica. does anybody know if you can do Santorini on your own (oia village)or does it have to be an excursion,last time we went was on the norwegian jade and went on an organised tour.regards,lqr23x.

Hi we have just booked a late cruise on the MSC Musica on the 8/11/2015 sailing from Venice for 7 days. any information about this ship would be much appreciated, we have a balcony cabin on deck 10. are the drinks packages worth the money as my wife and i are both in our 60s and although i enjoy a drink in moderation , my wife would only have maybe 2 to 3 glasses of wine per day.this is not our first cruise and our 2nd with msc as we went on the davina last year which was fantastic, but i have read mixed reviews about the Musica. does anybody know if you can do Santorini on your own (oia village)or does it have to be an excursion,last time we went was on the norwegian jade and went on an organised tour.regards,lqr23x.

I like the Musica a lot and would not hesitate to sail on her again. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles on the Divina but is similar in layout. For smaller ports like Santorini, you absolutely don't want to be on a huge ship anyway.

I've only been to Santorinin once and did it on my own as did most at our table. I just got on the second tender boat and queued for the cable car for around half an hour. There was a service bus going to Oia from Fira but I didn't go.

There was also a tour being sold at the pier for I think €20. They took you by boat around from where the ships were tendering around to Oia. Then provided. Bus to Fira where you could get the cable car back down.

The drinks package is worth it sometimes for even light drinkers. Depends on what you drink. I acan easily get through half the daily cost before lunch and not having any alcohol. Cappucino, fruit juice and water for going ashore or for my cabin. Ice ream is also included by the tub and cone and it's great. Maybe not such an attraction in Novemeber though.

Happy to answer any specific questions about the ship as I've spent around 5 weeks on her.

I have sailed on both the Musica and the Divina and give me the Musica every time.

Drinks packages are one of the best things about MSC.

Like yourself I booked MSC and then read the reviews and I thought have I made a mistake?? After 1 day, I went round the ship wondering what all the fuss was about. The staff were outstanding.

I thought the Musica had more deck space than Divina and there is nice quiet spot next to the children's play area on Deck 14. Nice and sheltered.

One of my favourite bar lounges was L'entoca wine bar on Deck 7. Great nibbles with the drinks.

Regards Santorini, early tender is the way to go and then take the cable car.

Enjoy

Annie

I have sailed on both the Musica and the Divina and give me the Musica every time.

Drinks packages are one of the best things about MSC.

Like yourself I booked MSC and then read the reviews and I thought have I made a mistake?? After 1 day, I went round the ship wondering what all the fuss was about. The staff were outstanding.

I thought the Musica had more deck space than Divina and there is nice quiet spot next to the children's play area on Deck 14. Nice and sheltered.

One of my favourite bar lounges was L'entoca wine bar on Deck 7. Great nibbles with the drinks.

Regards Santorini, early tender is the way to go and then take the cable car.

Enjoy

Annie

Ah he's, L'Enoteca wine bar, should have mentioned that. Love that place. They seem to manage to give you different (free) nibbles every time you go. Bit like an Italian take on tapas!