Ummmm... where's our Eurodam thread?

MattInFLL

I just had an eye exam and i can;t find it either......it was here at noon and now its gone

I last saw it about 2 hours ago and did not see antything nasty posted today after he came back, there was very little reaction to that.

I emailed Host Tyler about it but have not heard anything - would be ridiculous if one of the most popular threads here, posted to by some of the most active contributors on this board was yanked for a minor diversion that was mostly being ignored.

Last time I looked was 1130am CDT and it was still there. It had been censored heavily with all but the last of Wayne's posts (and all of us that had quoted and responded) gone but there were still 150+pages there.

It was a shock to find our old thread missing. Hopefully we can get it back. Or if not, hopefully all our friendly posters will find us. I've actually been off the board all afternoon since I am sorting through my summer clothes to see what to take (and to see what still fits!). :eek:

Hey Max - yes, I am also hoping it will come back.... thankfully we did Navigator recently, so I've been through the sorting process already.

Diver_man - good luck with the packing. At least those of us within driving distance don't have to worry about getting snagged by the airlines' new luggage policies :) But I take it you rent your tanks, rather than bring them? :) As much as I love being -on- the ocean, I'm not very good at being -under- it. The closest I have come was a SNUBA thing in St Thomas a few years back where they have the air hoses from the surface.

My partner is the same way. Sooo always diving alone. :-( If any of you guys want to meet up and have cocktails I am up for it. We are just two decent guys who have been together for years and would love to find some people to bum with on the cruise. No funny stuff or anything. We are not into that. But would love to laugh my tail off with some other guys at these parties. Is anyone on here dressing up at any of the events. We are going to try so it will be hillarious I am sure!

My partner is the same way. Sooo always diving alone. :-( If any of you guys want to meet up and have cocktails I am up for it. We are just two decent guys who have been together for years and would love to find some people to bum with on the cruise. No funny stuff or anything. We are not into that. But would love to laugh my tail off with some other guys at these parties. Is anyone on here dressing up at any of the events. We are going to try so it will be hillarious I am sure!

Not sure if you are aware, but we have a Meet & Greet for those on this board at the Silk Den scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sunday Feb. 22.

We will definitely be dressing for the parties...it is more fun that way!

Scorbett - well let's hope the "one" thread comes back soon, and we can all just post there :)

Diver_man - there was some info on the headliner, but was not paying attention to it yet. I think it has been announced though, and I am sure someone will chime in.

But be sure to come to the Cruise Critic gathering on Sunday at 1pm in the Silk Den lounge (I think) - it will be in the RSVP daily schedule - great way to meet everyone and then reconnect during the cruise. Ralph and I have made many new friends over the years. We will be wearing our matching fort lauderdale "hometown" t-shirts at sail away, and our church hats for church bingo, and we did order those "twist of lime" sarongs....but otherwise kind of low key for us this year

We have heard that Broadway actor/singer Cheyenne Jackson and singer Abigail will be the entertainers, and maybe one more. Bob and I saw Cheyenne Jackson (who is an out performer) on Broadway in the musical Xanadu, and he was fantastic. To see a video of his performance on the Tony Awards, go to YouTube and do a search for "Cheyenne Jackson Tony Awards" Better yet, just click here:

Max, you beat me to it :)

Gigand - yes I agree - it's like I was studying for a final exam and a couple of days before my notes suddenly disappeared.

Matt,

As the original poster, perhaps you have some influence in getting the thread back up.

HOPE SO !

Perhaps there is an appeal process or popular vote, or any other official process, just hypothesizing ???

As of very early this morning (5:00 AM) the newest post was a very apologetic "Mea Culpa" from w****122. and I thought that would be the end of it.

Did anyone else read anything posted after that ?

Don't know for sure why it was pulled, but if my rebuttals too him are to blame, I want to share what I just posted on Peter's new thread : : : :

Peter,

I am profoundly sorry if I am to blame for the loss of the thread.

Perhaps the monitor read only superficially and just thought enough is enough.

If I were the monitor I would at lest read in detail and have the offending poster banned, not the whole 3100+ posts.

And perhaps I am the offending poster for which I apologize from the depths of my soul.

Is there any appeal ?

Is there any action I should OR should not take ??

In sternly reacting to *****122's trying to sink our boat, I may have been ultimately responsible for accomplishing his goal.

Will the rest of the posters ever forgive me ?

I don't know if I should even show my face at the M&G.

And I was so looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the newbies.

I will follow your advice on this.

Remorsefully,

r.

Tamaracboy - although I did not see your post, I bet you were just venting the frustration of many over those bizarre posts from wayne. I would not lose sleep over it and please still come to the meet and greet. After all, we are going on this cruise to have fun and leave the drama of our lives behind :) (if only for a week).

I have sent an email to Host Tyler and have yet to have a reply. Hopefully one will come soon and our great thread will appear again. If not, we will make do.

Archived