Boston Trolley Tour Question

BrMtnLover

I looked through all the threads I could find before starting this one. We will be in Boston on Oct. 1 this year from 7am-4pm. Have just a couple of questions for the cruisers familiar with the Boston trolley (the green and orange one). It picks up cruisers at 18A. Are there a lot of people waiting for trolleys, or does the trolley company have several at this stop at 9am? Also, will it be very hard to get back on one to return to the ship mid-afternoon? I am not opposed to grabbing a taxi if I need to to get back to the ship. How long would a taxi ride from, say, Boston Commons take? Also, how long would it take to walk the Freedom Trail from approximately Paul Revere's house to Boston Commons. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I estimate about 35-40 minutes to walk the Freedom Trail from the Paul Revere House to Park Street Station (at the eastern corner of Boston Common). But that's without stopping. Stopping, sightseeing, shopping, detouring, etc; all that is extra time at your discretion.

A taxi from Park Street Station to the cruise terminal would be about 15 minutes (and about $20) in very light traffic. On a Thursday afternoon, there will be considerably more than light traffic, and it's useless to try to predict Boston traffic. By the MBTA ("the T") it would be approximately 30 minutes via the Red Line and the Silver Line from Park St to the cruise port.

I have just now had a chance to check back. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I wasn't taking into consideration that I would be there on a Thursday, so thanks for mentioning that so I can figure that into my plans. This gives me some good info to work with.

• 1 month later...
I looked through all the threads I could find before starting this one. We will be in Boston on Oct. 1 this year from 7am-4pm. Have just a couple of questions for the cruisers familiar with the Boston trolley (the green and orange one). It picks up cruisers at 18A. Are there a lot of people waiting for trolleys, or does the trolley company have several at this stop at 9am? Also, will it be very hard to get back on one to return to the ship mid-afternoon? I am not opposed to grabbing a taxi if I need to to get back to the ship. How long would a taxi ride from, say, Boston Commons take? Also, how long would it take to walk the Freedom Trail from approximately Paul Revere's house to Boston Commons. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I know this is too late for you, but I hope it may help others that are considering this company. We got tickets online for our Sept. 22 stop in Boston on the Celebrity Summit. We took the short trolley trip from Stop 18A into town, near Stop #1. We walked around Quincy Market before heading across the street to board the trolley for the city tour. There was already a very long line, in fact, it took over 1 hr. to board a trolley. Once we "hopped on", we were afraid to "hop off" wondering if we would ever get a bus that had room. Our driver stopped multiple times for people waiting, just to tell them that he was full. No one got off our trolley, for the same reason, I'm sure. There were 3 ships in port that day, don't know if that had anything to do with it, but maybe they need to limit the number of tickets they sell, so everyone can have the experience that their website describes. They do have a 100% guarantee, and since coming home, I have requested a refund. I was very dissappointed.