Tortola Port

mfhyde

I am going to the Baths at Tortola early and anticipate returning to the port with a few hours remaining before setting sail. Is there anything to see or do in the vicinity of the port? Any recommendations?

We want to get the most out of the day!

The cost of going to the Baths on your own is about $40 + the small entry fee. 10 minute walk to the ferry terminal, $30 round trip ferry and $8 - 10 round trip taxi between the ferry dock and Top of the Baths on Virgin Gorda. You can also buy ferry/taxi/lunch packages from Speedy's ferry service if interested.

The Baths are a unique experience, and your experience depends largely on your time in port. Be aware it can be quite crowded when day visitors from ships are there unless you can time your visit around the biggest crowd, and this involves walking down and up a natural path and some climbing through the boulders.

The cost of going to the Baths on your own is about $40 + the small entry fee. 10 minute walk to the ferry terminal, $30 round trip ferry and $8 - 10 round trip taxi between the ferry dock and Top of the Baths on Virgin Gorda. You can also buy ferry/taxi/lunch packages from Speedy's ferry service if interested.

The Baths are a unique experience, and your experience depends largely on your time in port. Be aware it can be quite crowded when day visitors from ships are there unless you can time your visit around the biggest crowd, and this involves walking down and up a natural path and some climbing through the boulders.

How do you get to the ferry terminal from the port. I can't seem to find and exact map of it. Also, assuming you can get tickets there?

How do you get to the ferry terminal from the port. I can't seem to find and exact map of it. Also, assuming you can get tickets there?

It's a 10 - 15 minute walk to the left as you exit the dock, you'll pass by the Crafts Alive shops and Pusser's Road Town Pub. Just buy your ferry passes there. Normally you would buy round trip passes for $30pp, in some cases you may want to take Speedy's ferry over to VG and Smith's back to get more time on Virgin Gorda, just depends on how long you are in port.

You'll find many more details in other recent threads here. If you have time when you return be sure to stop in Sunny Caribbee, a great little spice shop, and Pusers store for their clothing line.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cruise+Ship+Pier,+Tortola,+British+Virgin+Islands/Road+Town+Ferry+Terminal,+Waterfront+Drive,+Road+Town,+Tortola,+British+Virgin+Islands/@18.4214094,-64.6155379,15z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x8c0576acfe77f291:0x115ffa1119c98d05!1m2!1m1!1s0x8c057154dda309d9:0xba6b3099e7365e70!3e2?hl=en-us

• 4 weeks later...

You seem to know a lot abt Tortola so i figured i'd ask you-we want to go to St johns & only excursion is on the catamaran -we all get sick on those & it'll ruin the day. I also do not want to do the big ferry, taxi…etc..Are there boat operators that would take you over to St John just on their own? any idea of what the $ would be for 2 adults, 1 child?

You seem to know a lot abt Tortola so i figured i'd ask you-we want to go to St johns & only excursion is on the catamaran -we all get sick on those & it'll ruin the day. I also do not want to do the big ferry, taxi…etc..Are there boat operators that would take you over to St John just on their own? any idea of what the $ would be for 2 adults, 1 child?

Are you looking to go from Road Town, Tortola to Cruz Bay, St John? Or to White Bay in Jost Van Dyke? STJ is possible but is much easier to visit when docked at St Thomas.

If looking at Jost your options are the Rebel Yell cat through the ship or the taxi to West End and the ferry from there. A private operator would be quite expensive at $600+.