Help! Air to FLL or Miami-holiday week

new2cruzing

I am leaving from the Port of Miami over spring break (Easter week)

should I fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale - I even read somewhere to check at West Palm Beach? How close are all of these to the port? If I can find airfare cheap enough I may try to fly in a day early. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MIA is about 20 to 30 minutes from the Port of Miami, FLL is about 45 minutes (and slightly more expensive ground transportation than to MIA), West Palm Beach (PBI) is about 30 to 45 minutes beyond FLL so is quite a ways away and will have the highest cost of ground transportation from Port of Miami. The cruiselines will have shuttles to both MIA and FLL, but not PBI. But in many cases you can find private transportation (shuttle service, rental car, taxi etc) for less than the cruiseline shuttles.

Check out flights into both MIA and FLL and go with the one that's the cheapest but will still give you plenty of time to make your cruise. On Easter Week both airports will be madhouses so you will want to allow extra time for checking in and security.

Go to the North Amer Homeports- East Coast Departures - forum and you'll find tons of info re Miami and FLL .

If I were you, I'd seriously start making plans on the flight you want now, as the lowest priced seats will be far and few between as you get closer to fall. Most people will be booked by Thanksgiving. Going in the day before is a good idea if you can. Lots of Easter air traffic means more chances of delays. But too remember then you have the cost of the hotel to factor in with the air. Some hotels will offer shuttle service to the ports. Just do your research on the threads I mentioned earlier.

Archived