Marrakech from Casablanca via "Private van (6 people) full day"

balbes3

We will be on Norwegian Spirit in the end of November; one of the ports of call will be Casablanca.

One of the excursions they offer in Casablanca is "Private van for 6 people for full day" (defined as 8 hours). We would like to use this option to go to Marrakech (which would require to extend this tour to about 12 hours).

Wonder if anybody used this private tour option to go to Marrakech, how it worked and how much it ended up costing.

• 2 weeks later...

when we went to marrakesh on a ship's tour, the buses got back to dock 1.5-3 hours late due to soccer game traffic. I would not chance a private tour because it is such a distance and too much can happen to make you too late to the ship

when we went to marrakesh on a ship's tour, the buses got back to dock 1.5-3 hours late due to soccer game traffic. I would not chance a private tour because it is such a distance and too much can happen to make you too late to the ship

I am booked on HAL's 83-night Africa Explorer in September, and I had the same question as the OP. Thank you for your advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I responded in the other thread but I'm not sure it is worth it. If you really want the smaller group and less waiting for the group to get together it is worth it. And /or if you want more free time at the large market it may be worth it.

Seat space wise it is equivalent to the large bus.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

The NCL port stop is only from 9am-11pm so no overnight. Activity wise it is basically the same as the larger group with more time at some places (like the big market). I'm not a shopper but the market is an experience and reminded me of the crazy (awesome) markets in South Korea (just with more pickpockets around). There is probably a bit more freedom to "not participate" in various stops with the private tour version but none of us really opted for that except to go outside immediately after the rug stop pitch.

If large groups really annoy you and waiting for stragglers annoys you, you may be better off with the small group.

The amount of leg room on both was probably about the same so "private" does n't necessarily mean more space to yourself. If anything the large bus may have more room if there isn't enough for 2 large bus trips but more than 1. Then it appears they divide the # in half between the two so you may not have a "full" large bus.