Allied Car Rental ?

Athankfulheart

I have not heard of nor used Allied.... but have had very good luck with Enterprise there. I have noticed that there is quite a discrepancy of rates between the on airport locations vs the non airport (almost $45 a day for a mini van... $59 vs $93). I found it cheaper to taxi to your hotel then either go to the location and rent the car... or with enterprise they will pick you up. Then at the end... take it back and they will take you to the cruise port.

I have not heard of nor used Allied.... but have had very good luck with Enterprise there. I have noticed that there is quite a discrepancy of rates between the on airport locations vs the non airport (almost $45 a day for a mini van... $59 vs $93). I found it cheaper to taxi to your hotel then either go to the location and rent the car... or with enterprise they will pick you up. Then at the end... take it back and they will take you to the cruise port.

Thanks for your advice. I am going to do some more looking around. The rates sure do seem high !

A thankful heart

When I saw Allied I check them out and the review were not good have you heard of Charlie car rental or Ace car rental. You maybe pay more but you will not get a headache from them. I would not go with Allied for what I have read.

Will be there Dec 29-Jan 4 before the Valor sailing on the 4th. Charlies has cars for the 2 days post cruise but not the 6 days before. Right now the best I can find is thru rentalcars.com supplied by Alamo $467 total inc coll dam waiver. I have definately ruled out Allied and also Target/Economy due to horrible reviews.

Edited by Athankfulheart