Age of kids, birthdays and kids club

melbcruiser

This is quite a specific question so I don't know if anyone can help me??

Im looking at a cruise on pacific dawn next year leaving 11 August. My twins turn 3 on 13 August. The minimum age for kids club is 3 so I would assume the kids could go once they turn 3. However the fine print in the brochure says 'the age of the guest on the day they board the cruis, is the age we use for the entire holiday'

I have rang P &O and an agency and both said our kids could use the kids club once they turn 3, but neither person was overly sure when they told me.

We don't want to go then be told they are assumed to be 2 the entire cruise.

We particularly like this cruise for the ports, length, and it would also be my birthday on the cruise, so we'd love to do this one.

I wonder if the age clause just means if you turn 18 you would still be a minor the whole time, or children aren't allowed to go up an age bracket to another kids club ie turtle cove to shark shack halfway through a cruise.

if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Since the "fine print" is very specific, you don't have much of an argument if everyone wants to "go by the book". I don't know how buried in the fine print this rule is, but I wouldn't admit to being aware of it.

I'd start with the staff member in charge of AO, and if that doesn't work, talk to the officer in charge of that section. Tell them that you picked this RC cruise specifically because you've been told of the quality of the child's programs, and since they are the correct age on day 3, you expect them to be admitted at that time.

Seems like a minor point, don't know why they would make a deal out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The kids club get a printed manifest with all the children's names who are onboard for the selected age group kids clubs. More than likely your children won't be on it be because they would not have turned 3 before embarkation day. I would go and see them in kids club the day you board to see if the kids can be added once they turn 3. I hope it works out for you.