High Tea at Good Hope

harmcruiser

Has anyone done this excursion recently? All the threads I see are very old. Just curious about how it was, how the food is, and how long it takes to get there from Falmouth. I am on a girls cruise in a few weeks and we were looking for something our men would never do with us. ;)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone interested: I did this excursion twice with RC, once with my SO (both in 30's, he was fine with whatever XD) Dec 2015 and once with my mother (60's) May 2017. Both times were a good experience, the bus ride was about 20-30 minutes, but with a fun narrative guide. The tour guide once at the house was good and knowledgeable. The informal tea/lunch had many teas to choose from and was sensitive to dietary restrictions ( observed, we did not have any) We had scones, sweet breads, fruit, tea sandwiches, jerk chicken and a cookie. It was enough food for a lunch and we did not leave hungry. The location was beautiful with many flowering plants, vistas and hummingbirds. Tour was professionally run and on time. The second time was better in my opinion, but I think it was more to do with the specific staff rather than the structure of the excursion. I would recommend it for anyone looking to do a relaxing, cultural excursion.

• 1 month later...

HI, Beckerooni,

Thanks for your informative post -- I am thinking about doing this excursion (high tea) with Holland America, so perhaps your experience won't be applicable, but just in case --

Did your excursion give you time to do anything at Good Hope besides the tea? Aviary, rum tasting, swimming pool, etc? How long (if you remember) was allotted for your entire excursion -- from the time you left the ship to when you returned to it? And did your ship dock at Ocho Rios or Falmouth/Montego Bay? How long was the drive to the Estate?

Any info you can provide would be very helpful -- HAL has only one review on its website for this excursion, so I have very little info at this time.

Sure, glad to help!

We did not have time to do anything else, the bus drives up to the house ( which is maybe a mile(?) away from the other areas) and drops off/picks up there. On the way back, we did stop at the gift shop/main bus drop-off area for about 15 minutes to look at the shop, but this was at the request of a guest, not scheduled.

There were many excursions based out of this main area with lots of buses coming and going to port, so it might be possible to catch a later bus back, but I don't want to steer you wrong :)

We were out of Falmouth both times and I would say possibly 2.5 to 3 hours total, with 45 minutes- 1 hour looking at the estate and 30 min for tea and 20-30 minutes each way travel.

Let me know if you'd like anymore info!