Dunn's Falls and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville

mjkStirling

First time in Jamaica and want to do the Falls. Have seen a tour that suggests Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville when finished at the falls. Has anyone been? Have noticed the recommendations suggest not doing things on your own at Ocho Rios which is what I am more used to. :)

I've visited JA many times ... it was in my patrol zone for years and stopped there many times for R&R; Ocho, Montego and Port Antonio ... and have been a number of time via cruises.

When I go to Ocho I do DRF on my own ... easily done. DRF is just minutes from the piers in Ocho so a taxi is easy. This also gives much flexibility as cruise excursions typically take you to the falls where you do ONE climb in a hand holding group and POOF you are herded back to the bus. However, DRF is a national park and to get in you pay FOR THE DAY and once in "there is no charge to climb the falls". When I go I stay for hours and climb as many times as we want. There are lockers and food and a beach ..... and there is the much discussed and oft despised 'market'!

M'ville is walking distance from the pier area ... just outside.

Check it out and verify via Google Earth . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47669609&postcount=3

I went to Margaritaville when I was in Ocho Rios, but not the falls. The day we were there, it was rainy and miserable so we were glad we hadn't pre-booked an excursion. Margaritaville was a great time. There's a beach with loungers and a pool with a slide, which you can use basically for the cost of a drink or two. The food is typical bar food, but it was good. The staff was a lot of fun. We just stopped in for a drink after browsing the shops in the AM, and wound up staying all afternoon.