Marseille City Tour or Cassis

CruisersfromMD

My husband and I will be docked in Provence (Marseilles) for one day while on a Mediterranean cruise this summer. I am trying to decide between two tours to book - a Marseille City Tour (4 hours) or a tour to Cassis (5 hours). I would appreciate any feedback that you may have on either of those areas.

Just so you don't feel overlooked, I was wondering about same thing. We are on Allure in Sept and I was looking at short tours in Marseille. Saw tour to Cassis and it sounded scenic and pleasant. Marseilles is just another old city with palaces, cathedrals, and museums. Think we will do Cassis for variety. Hope you get some responses to this from folks who have done it. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi there. I live close to both, Marseille and Casis. My personal opinion: you will see the major sites of Marseilles when you drive to Casdis. Cadsis is a really cute fishing village and the way there very scenic. You will see much more if you go to Cassis. Beware: Cassis is very steep so if you want to wander around you will be walking uphill and downhill.

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I will be docked in Provence (Marseilles) for one day while on a Mediterranean cruise this summer. I am trying to decide between two tours to book - a Marseille City Tour (4 hours) or a tour to Cassis (5 hours). I would appreciate any feedback that you may have on either of those areas.

Hi, we're on the Allure in June and are doing the Cassis trip (been there before and loved the place). This time done a bit more research and on our 4 1/2 hr excursion during free time will be able to do a 45 min. boat trip to 3 Calanques.

Please give us the company you are using for the boat trip, we are on the Allure in July. For our first time there, do you recommend that we walk around the area during our free time or is the boat trip the way to go. Thanks!

Please give us the company you are using for the boat trip, we are on the Allure in July. For our first time there, do you recommend that we walk around the area during our free time or is the boat trip the way to go. Thanks!

I'd do both.

You can get tickets for the boat at Cassis Port- Quai Saint-Pierre, Pétanque Square at the yellow & red kiosk ( Up to 30 mins before). I believe the cost is around E16 pp..

• 1 month later...

Hi there, my boyfriend and I will be in Provence on the 4th of August 2015 on board Allure of the Seas. Has any body done the Cassis (extended time) tour through the ship? if so were you able to do a quick boat trip of the Calanques as well as have time to walk around Cassis?

• 2 weeks later...