New excursion packages, worth it?

samlmar18

I am considering the Your World Collection Package for my upcoming Baltic cruise. It provides a 25% discount on all Oceania excursions. I need to book 7 excursions to qualify for the discount and have selected the ones I want. Is it worth it? Please share experiences with Oceania provided excursions. thanks. P.S. ST Petersburg excursion will not be booked with Oceania.

I am considering the Your World Collection Package for my upcoming Baltic cruise. It provides a 25% discount on all Oceania excursions. I need to book 7 excursions to qualify for the discount and have selected the ones I want. Is it worth it? Please share experiences with Oceania provided excursions. thanks. P.S. ST Petersburg excursion will not be booked with Oceania.

What is "worth it" in your view?

If it's cost, you can crunch the numbers and see if it is cheaper (it is certainly less work) to book through O but that would not be my determining factor. I want to control who my guide is, where I go, how much time I spend in each place and who I tour with. You get none of that if you book O's tours so for us it would never be "worth it."

Just an FYI - shore excursions are a huge profit center for all cruise lines. Many (not just O) have put these packages in place to make them more attractive to cruisers as the lines know they lose a ton of business to private tours.

Many people are happy with O excursions. That is not in dispute.

The OP's question was whether the package is "worth it?"

The answer clearly depends on whether cost, convenience or control are the determining factors in deciding whether the package is "worth it." Only the OP can answer that question.

I was offered it when I booked 5 excursions with Oceana yesterday. I ended up getting 25% off the total price so I was happy about that. This is our first cruise and our first international trip so I was uneasy booking my own. next time I would be willing to try booking my own.

Archived