Need help deciding which beach.

cjstock

Please help! I have combed the forums for information regarding all the beach choices in St. Thomas and I just can't decide where to go. We will be a party of 6, 2 are kids age 10 and 15. We want beach chairs to rent and available shade or an umbrella to rent. We would like access to a bar or restaurant if we want drinks or snacks. Good snorkeling would be a plus, but not a deal breaker. There are only 2 ships in port that day, but we are the second to arrive, and will be in port from 11 to 7 on a Tuesday in June. I was considering Coki, but was afraid it might be crowded by the time we get there. I know crowds are to be expected and I can deal with that, I just don't want to pay taxi fare only to arrive at the beach and find there are no more chairs or space available. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I haven't been to St Thomas in 17 years and details are fuzzy, so it will be like going for the first time.

Edited by cjstock

Yes I'm afraid you would find Coki pretty saturated when you arrived and worse as others on your ship came in with you...but it may be your berst choice if you are prepared for that.

For a nice beach with a restaurant and umbrellas you have a couple choices as you've read - Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) and Secret Harbor. SH offers snorkeling and a dive center renting snorkel gear. Lindbergh has more room and would be a good beach choice but no snorkeling.

Sapphire Beach has plenty of room to spread out with natural shade and offers snorkeling. No restaurant on the beach, but a beach grill (Banana Cabana) offers great mahi mahi and other sandwiches (the mahi mahi is $14) as well as drinks. There is a restaurant behind the marina, a runner takes orders on the beach from both places.

I think one of these 4 are your best choices, hopefully you can narrow it down from there!

Yes I'm afraid you would find Coki pretty saturated when you arrived and worse as others on your ship came in with you...but it may be your berst choice if you are prepared for that.

For a nice beach with a restaurant and umbrellas you have a couple choices as you've read - Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) and Secret Harbor. SH offers snorkeling and a dive center renting snorkel gear. Lindbergh has more room and would be a good beach choice but no snorkeling.

Sapphire Beach has plenty of room to spread out with natural shade and offers snorkeling. No restaurant on the beach, but a beach grill (Banana Cabana) offers great mahi mahi and other sandwiches (the mahi mahi is $14) as well as drinks. There is a restaurant behind the marina, a runner takes orders on the beach from both places.

I think one of these 4 are your best choices, hopefully you can narrow it down from there!

Are you familiar with Abi Beach Bar? I am really leaning towards Abi but still wonder if I should at least experience Megan's Bay.

• 2 weeks later...