Travel Insurance

Hi. Anyone know of travel insurance companies that are competitive for pre-existing medical conditions. Just had a quote from my policy attached to bank account for £154 extra for sleep apnoea on top of monthly charges. Seems a bit steep. Was just about to book for the Caribbean for next Christmas but need to get this sorted first. Thanks Maggie

Hi. Anyone know of travel insurance companies that are competitive for pre-existing medical conditions. Just had a quote from my policy attached to bank account for £154 extra for sleep apnoea on top of monthly charges. Seems a bit steep. Was just about to book for the Caribbean for next Christmas but need to get this sorted first. Thanks Maggie

AGE UK is the one my OH went with was about £129 and she has Angina. Give them a try.

We are with cover for you covers 2 of us annual cover Europe the cost is £156 covers preexisting heart attack, diabetes, cholestral, multiple sclerosis we think it is reasonable includes cruise cover you need to shop around to get a good deal

We find the cheapest one keeps changing. The cheapest company we could find this year for pre-existing medical conditions with the right cover was Columbus... They were also fairly straight forward in entering the details for an online quote... Lots of them let you put in a ton of information before giving you a phone number to ring because you are on the odd cholesterol tablet.:(

Edit... It was also a cruise specific insurance & cost something like £48 for 8 days cover for the two of us.

All Clear Options.....used this company for last 3 years for parents, with quite a list of pre existing medical conditions and they have been quite competitive. They are also very helpful if you have to call them.

My parents are 76 and 80 years old.

Give them a try!

We are with cover for you covers 2 of us annual cover Europe the cost is £156 covers preexisting heart attack, diabetes, cholestral, multiple sclerosis we think it is reasonable includes cruise cover you need to shop around to get a good deal

cholestrol requires cover on insurance?l like many others have high cholestrol controlled by a tablet per day and have never declared that on any insurance cover.We have free world wide cover through Nationwide

cholestrol requires cover on insurance?l like many others have high cholestrol controlled by a tablet per day and have never declared that on any insurance cover.We have free world wide cover through Nationwide

Yep, they term it something scary like hypercholesterolemia & it comes under “have you been prescribed any medicines”, but if you take a cholesterol tablet with Columbus the price goes up by around £25 pp for a week's cruise... And if you think that’s bad the mother in-law is on three tablets for blood pressure & when age is taken into account the insurance costs near as much as the flights for a trip to the U.S.A.

have they never asked? ,you find a lot of the "free" bundled cover jobs make it sound all so good till you dig deep in to the t&c's and find the onus is on you to do the asking, cleverly gives them a get out of jail free card. had a friend who thought he was covered for years till i told him to check it out fully, guess what,cover void due to medication etc

If you are over 50 try http://www.staysure.co.uk/home?utm_source=QBNB&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=HBYD there is no extra charge for me having to take two tablets for hypertension.

Thanks for the link. Just been quoted £74 for annual worldwide cover.:) No extra charge for my condition. Less than half of what my bank wanted as a surcharge. Time to change back to a free bank account as the extras are clearly not worth it.:(

Yes Jim you need to declare everything to be covered we never declared micks heart attack that he had at 50 he's 60 now and goes to the gym 3 times a week and we thought what they don't know about doesn't matter and then my best friend collapsed and died in mexico 2 years ago when we were away with them and it brings it home to you that the only person you are fooling is yourself because the insurance always find out. So declare it shouldn't hike it up too much.

have they never asked? ,you find a lot of the "free" bundled cover jobs make it sound all so good till you dig deep in to the t&c's and find the onus is on you to do the asking, cleverly gives them a get out of jail free card. had a friend who thought he was covered for years till i told him to check it out fully, guess what,cover void due to medication etc

Agree but all insurances look good to the punter but tend to find everythings in the companies favour.When it comes to a claim the insurance companies try there best to wiggle out of it.

Yes Jim you need to declare everything to be covered we never declared micks heart attack that he had at 50 he's 60 now and goes to the gym 3 times a week and we thought what they don't know about doesn't matter and then my best friend collapsed and died in mexico 2 years ago when we were away with them and it brings it home to you that the only person you are fooling is yourself because the insurance always find out. So declare it shouldn't hike it up too much.

Insurance is free info,its a staff insurance so dont know if they`ll look for a wee supplement but will let them know about my many ailments/medication etc

• 1 month later...

Took folks advice and decided to give my Insurance company a call and inform them of my medication,1 Cholestrol tab per day and a combination of pain relief and anti- inflam for osteo- arthritis 10 per day..It turns out my insurance for free actually isn`t for free(unsurprisingly) as they quoted me £80 when I informed them of my medication.

Suffice to say I will be looking elsewhere for my insurance now

Yes we have free cover with Nationwide too, Jim

If you are over 50 try http://www.staysure.co.uk/home?utm_source=QBNB&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=HBYD there is no extra charge for me having to take two tablets for hypertension.

Hi Andy, i tried them for my d

Dad aged 77, for a month in Malta, we has had 2 heart attacks but pacemaker fitted recently and all ok , they wanted £795, his month in Malta at a 4 star hotel is £50 cheaper!

Will give some of the others a ring, poss v dear as a month but he goes every year and last year was around £100 :confused:

Yes we have free cover with Nationwide too, Jim

Hope your fighting fit then gizzie ;)

Hi Andy, i tried them for my d

Dad aged 77, for a month in Malta, we has had 2 heart attacks but pacemaker fitted recently and all ok , they wanted £795, his month in Malta at a 4 star hotel is £50 cheaper!

Will give some of the others a ring, poss v dear as a month but he goes every year and last year was around £100

Dreamgirl

Try mailfinance.co.uk/ti or freephone 0800 953 3660..I did an online check,came up with decent prices.Going to give them a call later.

For anyone on the Motobilty scheme they do TI also

Took folks advice and decided to give my Insurance company a call and inform them of my medication,1 Cholestrol tab per day and a combination of pain relief and anti- inflam for osteo- arthritis 10 per day..It turns out my insurance for free actually isn`t for free(unsurprisingly) as they quoted me £80 when I informed them of my medication.

Suffice to say I will be looking elsewhere for my insurance now

That seems very steep, Jim. My sister and I share the same travel insurance and she was asked to pay an additional amount (for being on medication that is not for life threatening conditions) whereas I wasn't. I am on much more medication than she is, was a smoker at that time and I would consider am more of a risk and I wasn't asked for extra money.

When she called back after speaking to me they said they had made a mistake!

The whole thing is a minefield but it might be worth asking them to explain why they are charging you this amount.

That seems very steep, Jim. My sister and I share the same travel insurance and she was asked to pay an additional amount (for being on medication that is not for life threatening conditions) whereas I wasn't. I am on much more medication than she is, was a smoker at that time and I would consider am more of a risk and I wasn't asked for extra money.

When she called back after speaking to me they said they had made a mistake!

The whole thing is a minefield but it might be worth asking them to explain why they are charging you this amount.

Yes Nell,thought it was steep and going to get Mrs Jim The Scot to phone them back

I just tried Jim's mailfinance and they wanted £50 more than Andy's staysure for identical medical conditions.

Berwyn

Braw,saves me a phonecall :D having said that there online price for me was £40 cheaper than my so called free insurance

Hi Jim

Try AgeUK. I changed to them a couple of years ago after being diagnosed with Diabetes.:)

Ta

Will give them a try

Archived