Boston Hyatt

Jiffymom

Want to stay two nights in Boston pre cruise in October,

Which do you recommend ? Hyatt Regency or Boston Harbor Hyatt.

Im getting free rooms thru my credit card so Im sure I won't get a room with a view. But heck Ill be in Boston.

Are both easy to get to the Freedom trail and other historic areas?

I recommend the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt Boston Harbor is at the airport, which would mean you'd have to take the subway, the Silver Line bus, or a taxi, to get to the historic sites. The Hyatt Regency is downtown, about a fifteen minute walk to Faneuil Hall, and about five minutes by foot to the southern end of the Freedom Trail on Boston Common.

I'm local, so I almost never stay in Boston hotels, and I've never stayed at either hotel; but for history tourism, the Hyatt Boston Harbor is not in a convenient location. It's very convenient to the airport; that's about all. The Hyatt regency is right in the downtown area, convenient to the Freedom Trail, the Common, the theater district, and shopping at Downtown Crossing.

Edited by Blue Mudshark

In your request in the other part of the forum, you mention Harvard. It's about a 90 minute walk from the Hyatt Regency, but you can take the "T" (the subway). From the Regency, Downtown Crossing station is only five minutes away on foot; take the Red Line from there to Harvard Square.

A tip for riding the T: you can buy a "Charlie Ticket" (paper) from a vending machine, but at Downtown Crossing station, you can get a "Charlie Card" (plastic) instead. The fare with the plastic Charlie Card is cheaper than the fare for the same ride with a paper Charlie Ticket. The plastic card is free; you load value onto it at the same vending machines where you can buy Charlie Tickets.

Edited by Blue Mudshark

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about the Hyatt Regency downtown. If you exit through the parking garage on the lower level you can walk a short block up Chauncey Street and get into the south end of the Downtown Crossing T Station. This is the main station and you should be able to get a plastic Charlie Card on the mezzanine level during normal business hours.