Torn between Cocoa Beach & Universal Studios

JLBellaCC

Help! Hubs and I are arriving in Orlando the day before a short cruise from Port Canaveral. Right now we have an overnight reservation in Cocoa Beach at the LaQuinta. But I would also like to check out the Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Studios. Though we won't likely have time to visit U.S.- the Universal City Walk seems like a fun spot to spend an evening. We arrive at 11am. The day/evening before a cruise we like to hang out by the pool/beach, have some drinks and a nice dinner. My first thought was to get to the Port Canaveral area straight from the airport, but I just can't get excited about the Cocoa Beach area- would it be fun, or would we have a better time staying in the Orlando area and heading to the Port in the morning. We also haven't decided on transportation to and from- car or shuttle....... Lastly, I was looking longingly at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, but was thinking for such the short time we would be there, it didn't seem worth the extra bucks. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you!!

PS- As far as transportation, when we get off the cruise, we are heading to a WDW hotel.

City Walk is so much fun - I would definitely stay at Universal before heading to the port. We love Pat O'Brien's dueling pianos entertainment and never miss a chance to take that in. We are actually doing a trip with the RCI Universal/Enchantment cruise package in Dec. My ulterior motive is Harry Potter World though ;)

I do wish we had built some time in for one day at Universal- we are also on Enchantment of the Seas! Afterward, we are heading to WDW for the Food and Wine Fest at Epcot. What form of transportation are you planning on for your trip- to and from the port?

Help! Hubs and I are arriving in Orlando the day before a short cruise from Port Canaveral. Right now we have an overnight reservation in Cocoa Beach at the LaQuinta. But I would also like to check out the Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Studios. Though we won't likely have time to visit U.S.- the Universal City Walk seems like a fun spot to spend an evening. We arrive at 11am. The day/evening before a cruise we like to hang out by the pool/beach, have some drinks and a nice dinner. My first thought was to get to the Port Canaveral area straight from the airport, but I just can't get excited about the Cocoa Beach area- would it be fun, or would we have a better time staying in the Orlando area and heading to the Port in the morning. We also haven't decided on transportation to and from- car or shuttle....... Lastly, I was looking longingly at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, but was thinking for such the short time we would be there, it didn't seem worth the extra bucks. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you!!

PS- As far as transportation, when we get off the cruise, we are heading to a WDW hotel.

I would so stay in Universal and go to Halloween Horror Nights! The parks are open until after midnight and you can pick up tickets at Publix for under $50.

http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com

We've been getting so much rain lately (hurricane season) that would ruin a trip to the beach.

Love Universal. Ate at Emeril's Thcop Chop at Royal Pacific. Great food and beautiful resturant. Also they have a boat that runs between resorts and City Walk Til 2 am. Emeril's at City Walk is pretty great too. Hard to resist going to Harry Potter though. Some really cool rides.

We are booked at Cabana Bay! From everything you have mentioned, it will be a super fun day and evening! I would have loved the Hard Rock, but just can't justify the cost for such a short stay- maybe next time! But, I have to say I am a huge fan of anything retro, so I think I am going to really enjoy the theming at CB. Thanks for your ideas!