Bathroom stops for Emerald Lake drive

Casey2

We recently booked Fontier Excursion's Yukon Discovery tour for our time in Skagway. They make many stops for photos. Are there any bathroom stops along the way? The reason I am asking is that DH takes a water pill for blood pressure and sometimes has to go pretty frenquently. Even though we really wanted to do this I am starting to rethink this excursion.

We recently booked Fontier Excursion's Yukon Discovery tour for our time in Skagway. They make many stops for photos. Are there any bathroom stops along the way? The reason I am asking is that DH takes a water pill for blood pressure and sometimes has to go pretty frenquently. Even though we really wanted to do this I am starting to rethink this excursion.

We did the Yukon Territory Scenic Drive through NCL. It was on a mini-bus holding about 25 people.

There are a few bathrooms on the drive from Skagway to Emerald Lake. If your refer to Murray's Road Log, the first is an outhouse at mile 15.3 at a scenic stop.

The second is at mile 27.3 where there was a red caboose and a rather new looking cabin "outhouse".

The third was in Carcross (mile 65.6) at the visitor's center which is located in the old train depot across the street from Matthew Watson's General Store. The Caribou Crossing museum, etc., is only a couple of miles from Carcross but we didn't stop there so can't give you any info on that but I'm sure they have bathrooms there since they have a restaurant.

Also, if you want your passports stamped, the post office in Carcross will do it and also they will do it at the visitor's center there.

We had a great lunch at the Spirit Lake Lodge - soup, sandwich, pop and homemade pie. It's about a mile before you get to Emerald Lake.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. You really put our minds at ease. Now we can take the trip without worrying. Thanks for the info about the passport stamps.

It's a beautiful drive with fantastic scenery. You won't be sorry. Take a look at my pictures and you'll see the treat you're in for!

Have a wonderful time!

I did and got a verbal lashing from the Canadian customs folks and threatened with a $200 fine. I only got out of it by pleading ignorance and looking pitifully at my young boy in the back seat.

If you can hold it another 10 miles, there is a historic stop with a bathroom on the left.

Archived