Coastal are THE BEST!!! Esp. Lisa!!

OnlyMe

HI all,

Just wanted to update those who followed my recent thread re being claustrophobic and being assigned seating in a helicopter flight. The basics of it was that I booked a helicopter flight and whale watch through Orca in Juneau not realisng that seating in the helicopter is assigned based on weight and that you cannot chose your own seat. I CANNOT fly in a middle seat in a helicopter and after many e-mails didn't get a satisfactory assistance from Orca (now I'm NOT going into all that again!).

Well, EXCELLENT news!!! After being in contact with THE MOST HELPFUL person EVER in Coastal - thank you VERY much Lisa!- problem solved. I have booked 1 and 1/2 seats for myself (they allowed this even thought I am NOT over 250lb ) and 1 seat for my husband meaning that the helicopter will fly one person less and meaning that either myself or my DH will definately be assigned a window seat AND because the helicopter will be under on numbers it is almost CERTAIN that we will be able to switch seats if he is the one allocated the window. Lisa also very kindly offered to keep me updated on the situation in regard to what type of helicopter, how many passengers etc. and also speak to the pilot prior to my excursion to ensure that it will not be a problem should the need arise for me to switch seats with my DH. AND it is STILL refundable up to 48 hours before the excursion in the unlikely event that we need to cancel. Way to go Lisa!!

I am SO excited! :D :D From almost being resigned that I would have to cancel this excursion :eek: to having someone with so much patience (believe me I asked a LOT of questions!) help me sort it all out. It is definately going to be a highlight of my trip to Alaska.

It just goes to show that anything is possible and there is ALWAYS a solution to a problem - you just have to keep trying to solve it. It also helps if you have someone like Lisa on the other end of the line!!;)

I honestly cannot praise Lisa and Coastal enough for their handling of this situation. A super company.

Archived