Solo Info please

terkatz56

I have always traveled with family or friends but have booked a long cruise that no one can do with me. I am booked on Holland, 33 days. Married but solo traveler.

Are the solo activities they have on board geared toward single/unmarried people? What kind of activities are they?

I am involved in my roll call but am curious about what Holland offers to solo travelers...besides the single supplement:p

Thanks for sharing any info.

You will have a good time on Holland. There is a singles gathering usually the first night. You can go to this but you should mention you are married,but travelling solo. There might be solo/single luncheons arranged. When you book HAL if you choose fixed dinner dining,you can ask to be seated with other solos/singles. HAL usually put singles/solos together for fixed dining. You will have a great time on HAL,just note it is not the big party line like Carnival so late evening activities might be limited to a disco with dj,piano bar,and a few other bars. One hint for HAL,you can have anything delivered from room service from the main dining room menu during dinner hours. In the past I also called room service and had a copy of that night's dinner menu delivered to my cabin every day. Hope this hint helps. Have a great time on your cruise! Kendra

Thanks Kendra. I have only done Holland cruises but never been involved in any of the solo activities. Thank you for the pointers. I did pick anytime dining as that is what I have always done. I like the variety of table mates.

I am going on my dream cruise so a great time will be had! :D