Queen Mary

Hosh

We've stayed there a few times over the years the last time being in Feb. We'd recommend it. Certainly not fancy but the fact that you're on a classic ocean liner is well worth it. The rooms are pretty much original decor and our queen bed was comfortable. The view of downtown Long Beach is wonderful from the upper deck. The Art Deco Observation Bar towards the front of the ship is a great place to hang out and enjoy a cocktail. I'd be happy to email you some photos of our recent stay including a couple room pics if you're interested.

My family has stayed on the Queen Mary 4 times and enjoyed it everytime. The food is excellent and the history is amazing! We love to wander around and each time we see something we missed before. Not fancy, and shows its wear, but beautiful none the less. It is one of my favorite ports to cruise from for that very reason. Give it a try!

:-)

Haven't been there yet! But we'd love too! Our dream is to go sometime during October when they have the Haunted Ship! From what I understand that is awesome! I know they have a really good website & it's easy to book on. Reason being I know that is because we did book one year in Nov & did the flight & everything....that was 11-03. As it turned out that was when all the fires were in the LA area & we decided at the last minute to cancel our trip! The funny part of that was is that is when we winded up going on our first cruise instead & we've been hooked on wanting to go back since! LA & the QM is coming sometime soon! Possibly this October! Seems like there is plently to do in that general area & I have a feeling the tours like Behind the Scene would be great! ALso I do know at one time they were doing tours with spiritual advisiors & that seemed like it would be a ball! We're really into ghost hunting in this house.........but that's another story! When we booked, we booked our room, a behind the scenes tour & at that time dinner with a spiritual advisor (ghost hunter) & a trip to Catalina Island & it was VERY easy to do & also VERY easy to cancel!

Good luck & I hope you get to go! :p

Be blessed in all that you do!

That is one of the very reasons we are looking at the Queen!:D This will be our second time on the Pride this itinerary <sp> and we will be leaving on Oct. 28 as you may have seen in my sig?:p

We were given a tour of the entire ship, cabins, suites, etc. and it's the real thing. Ye olde ocean liner. Took a wonderful tour - "Ghosts and Legends" - took you down into the "bowels" of the ship, lasted an hour or two - very, very worthwhile, well done tour for children as well as adults.

Bev

Originally posted by cruiselubbers

This might be a dumb question but are we talking about the QM that is docked forever in LA, CA? Or are we talking about the QM2 the new sailing transatlantic ship?

Well hopefully forever in Long Beach. Different owners have had financial difficulties over the past few years and the fate of the ship/hotel has been in question. My father took me to Long Beach in 1967 at the age of 8 to see the grand old ship arrive on it's final voyage. Hopefully the future will be bright for her. Support the old Queen!

That is one of the very reasons we are looking at the Queen!:D This will be our second time on the Pride this itinerary <sp> and we will be leaving on Oct. 28 as you may have seen in my sig?:p

Yes, I seen that, but ya know I didn't put two & two together until you spelled it out for me! :p

I always forget that is the ship that's in LA. You'd think I'd remember that too considering when I booked this cruise I was thinking of putting Cruise & QM together! But once again decided that QM is meant to be visited in October...IMO anyway! Anytime is great, but I think it would be AWESOME then!

Vactioning...I hope you let us know! Don't forget us! We're counting on ya!

:D Be blessed be a blessing!

This might be a dumb question but are we talking about the QM that is docked forever in LA, CA? Or are we talking about the QM2 the new sailing transatlantic ship?

Well hopefully forever in Long Beach. Different owners have had financial difficulties over the past few years and the fate of the ship/hotel has been in question. My father took me to Long Beach in 1967 at the age of 8 to see the grand old ship arrive on it's final voyage. Hopefully the future will be bright for her.

We definitly share your hope in that! Worth saying a few prayers for IMO since that is a historic place! That would be so sad if something went bad for there! Makes me want to go even more now just to show my support! Thanks for that update!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

We will be staying there Sat. pm. . . . leaving on the Pride Sun. Have you found contrasting reviews? We sure have. We'll let you know our thoughts!

thanks so much! that will be great.

We stayed there once. We had our employees Christmas party there many moons ago. Loved it. Could say she was our first cruise ship experience.

Just look out for the ghosts;)

if we stay there i hope i see some ghosties lol

if we stay there i hope i see some ghosties lol

My daughter who is in 4th grade just did a report on The Queen

Mary so we took her to see the ship and take the tours. We wanted to stay there too but my 5 year old did not want to when she heard it was supposed to be haunted. LOL We had so much fun taking the tours and learning so much about the ship. Did you know she was really supposed to be called The Queen Victoria? But when they went to ask Queen Mary's husband if they could call her after the best Queen ever (meaning Queen Victoria) Queen Mary's husband thought they meant his wife and he said they would be happy to have the ship named after his wife Queen Mary. Many interesting things you learn on the tours. I will say that if you want to stay on her to get your rooms early as they do book up fast.

We stayed there for a couple of nights a few years back. Long Beach had fireworks in the evening during summer -- not sure if they still do this. We were eating dinner in at Sir Winston's and everyone went outside to watch the fireworks -- a great view from the ship!

We really enjoyed our stay. I've read some of the negative posts but didn't share the opinions -- I usually don't :D

Has anyone taken the evening tour? We are booked to take that tour in about a week.

We plan to arrive early enough to eat at the Promenade restaurant which is only open to hotel guests and people signed up for activities. Has anyone eaten at the Promenade? The menu looks good and the prices are much more reasonable than Winstons or Chelseas.

LL

Archived