Back from P&O Pacific Eden - finished my review with photos, menus and Daily's!

Unless things are different with P and O Australia, with P and O uk...points earned with P and O do count towards Princess. We are elite with princess and have never set foot on one of their ships. However it does not work the other way round. What you earn on princess does not count on P and O.

There are tiny perks with the P and O uk loyalty scheme, however from surveys that have been sent out, it is thought that they might be reviewing the loyalty scheme.

We first Cruised Pacific Sun (P&O) When we first cruised with Princess we were Bronze not Blue. I asked Princess at the time why...and they said it was because we had cruised with P&O (Aus). No great shakes to us - we just cruise. When I was making enquiries re the Pacific Eden - I did the online chat and asked the question - would our points count and Jeremy said yes. Not that I think you get anything from P&O - but those points will count towards a Princess future cruise. If anyone has any doubts - just do the online chat - it's simple and they are more than helpful.

I don't think there any any rewards on P&O - but it's handy for the Princess "kitty" :rolleyes:;):p

Edited by dizzy1948

• 1 month later...
Please to hear this, as when we first started cruising, Princess points did NOT count on P&O points.

hmm! I wonder now if we'll get any perks on our 2nd P&O cruise in a few weeks (just booked)if this is so as we are ELITE with Princess?????

I feel an upgrade a comin'

anyone have any ideas please?

Unless things are different with P and O Australia, with P and O uk...points earned with P and O do count towards Princess. We are elite with princess and have never set foot on one of their ships. However it does not work the other way round. What you earn on princess does not count on P and O.

There are tiny perks with the P and O uk loyalty scheme, however from surveys that have been sent out, it is thought that they might be reviewing the loyalty scheme.

From my experience on this last cruise, I didn't find that any acknowledgement or perks of being a past passenger on P&O were offered when onboard. A welcome back cocktail event or even a welcome back letter would have been a nice touch, and these little things are great to making passengers feel welcomed back.

Whereas RCI and Celebrity, they offer the welcome back cocktail parties, vip captain drink events with the captain, discount vouchers, priority boarding etc.

Edited by LuckiePuris

• 1 month later...

Just to clear up one point:

both Aria and Eden are ex Holland America ships.

Aria is ex Ryndam.

Eden is ex Statendam.

[Just in case anyone wants to argue the point, when I was on Aria, the "stuck-on" Aria sign in one of the lifts was poorly attached, and the Ryndam plate underneath was clearly visible.]

These ships were originally built in the early 1990's, and have been extensively refurbished by P&O, however the lovely pool area has been left virtually untouched.