Azura adapted balcony cabin question

NeedPeace

Hi. I am trying to book our first cruise on P&O's Azura for 16th Sept to the Med. This is our 30th wedding anniversary and I am desperate not to mess this up.

I have contacted P&O and explained my husband's medical conditions and, although he does not need a wheelchair, they agree that he does need an adapted cabin. We really want a balcony cabin. My husband doesn't sleep well and too much in the way of noise would be a problem. I have read many stories on Cruise Critic about the Lido deck and the scraping of furniture being moved early in the day or loud music late at night. I'd love to be able to avoid both but I appreciate that there will be just so many adapted cabins on offer! I have looked and looked at deck plans but to be honest I really can't make head or tail of them. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi we are booked on a728 my wife's in a wheelchair what cabin have you been offered as there's not many adapted cabins the most noise we have had are cruisers coming home late if your worried cotton wool with a bit of Vaseline on ear plugs from a chemist xx Barrie g

There are no adapted balcony cabins on Lido deck, only on Riviera, A, B, C and D deck. 4 cabins on each deck and D deck are De Luxe cabins.

For this September I would not expect any to be available, they normally sell out on launch which is 2 years ahead of sailing.

Thank you for this.

Wow Bazer 50! Congratulations.

TerrierJohn is right there are no adapted cabins available. P&O Customer information told me that's what I would need to book. P&O bookings told me today that there are none! To be honest we don't need the actual adaptions that these cabins are designed for. My husband does not need a wheelchair he simply needs more space in a bathroom and his hip won't let him climb in and out of a bath - so a 'shower only' is necessary but it sounds as though these are very cramped.

I had no idea that I would be asking the question about 18 months too late. First cruise - lots to learn. No idea what to do now either.